Windows 10: Surface wont connect to screen

Discus and support Surface wont connect to screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I tried to connect my surface pro to an external screen with an HDMI cable through a docking station. At first it worked fine and connected but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnzoSalerno1, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Surface wont connect to screen

Hi

I tried to connect my surface pro to an external screen with an HDMI cable through a docking station.

At first it worked fine and connected but I have a very large screen and it wasn't displaying full screen so I changed a display setting

from "extend these displays" to "show only on 2" which caused the issue.

After I did this the PC will repeatedly try to connect to the external screen with no success.

The PC screen will go black when trying to connect to the external screen and within a couple seconds it will stop trying and

will go back to the PC and the PC screen will come back on then try again to connect to the external display and

go black again. It just keeps on doing this. Connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect and the cycle keeps on going

It keeps on trying to connect and doesn't give you time to change the multiple display setting.

It makes that noise when you connect an external device, then within a couple seconds stops trying

and a couple seconds later tried to connect.

I have connected the PC to dual smaller screens at home and the first time worked perfectly but on the 2nd time stopped

connecting as well. This time doesnt even attempt to try and connect, screens just stay black. Also through a docking station.

Suggestions on a fix would be very appreciated.

:)

EnzoSalerno1, Sep 14, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Sep 14, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Surface wont connect to screen

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Surface wont connect to screen

1. Surface wont connect to screen - Similar Threads - Surface wont connect

2. Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet: Surface Pro 9A couple of days ago I received a “your internet is blocked”.I cannot connect by ethernet or wirelessly. I updated the intel and Realtek driversRolled back the latest windows updateDid the Windows trouble shooting no errorsTurned off the firewall and VPNSFC...
  3. Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet: Surface Pro 9A couple of days ago I received a “your internet is blocked”.I cannot connect by ethernet or wirelessly. I updated the intel and Realtek driversRolled back the latest windows updateDid the Windows trouble shooting no errorsTurned off the firewall and VPNSFC...
  4. Surface pro 7 Wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7 Wont start: I just did a restart after this mornings update in Win 11 & my Surface Pro will not start. It gets to the lock screen where the small buffer ring by the curser appears then disappears repeatedly. if I put in my access code, it the goes to the desktop but without any icons or...
  5. Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4: Hello,I have 2x surface laptop 4's - one is the 32GB ram model, the other is a 16GB model.Both connect to my LG wide curved screen via a USB C to HDMI cable.I heard the displayport cables work better, so I bought the microsoft display port to usb C connector.Both laptops do...
  6. Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display port not connecting screen to Surface Laptop 4: Hello,I have 2x surface laptop 4's - one is the 32GB ram model, the other is a 16GB model.Both connect to my LG wide curved screen via a USB C to HDMI cable.I heard the displayport cables work better, so I bought the microsoft display port to usb C connector.Both laptops do...
  7. Airpods wont connect to surface pro 6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods wont connect to surface pro 6: Hello, I have a surface pro 6, and although I am able to pair my airpods with my surface pro, I used to be able to connect them to my computer but now I am no longer able to. They just do that thing where I click on them to connect and it says either "cannot connect" or...
  8. Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection: I have a Surface Pro 6 and the latest generation of the Surface Pen I believe flat, no clip, one button on the side. I can use the pen to navigate and write on the screen, however, I'm not able to pair it so I can use the eraser button to open apps. I just checked for updates...
  9. Surface Pro4 Wont restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro4 Wont restart: Surface Pro4 froze image and loud buzzing from speakers till I managed to shut down. Now it wont restart. I have tried all the restart options involving power and volume combinations but no luck. It seems to restart as the keyboard lights up and I hear a single faint click...
  10. Surface book wont login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book wont login: I have had my surface book less than 24 hours and something is wrong. It may be my fault but whenever i try to login the welcom loading screen doesnt change it keeps loading and doesnt stop. During setup i detached the top and i havent been able to login since then....