Windows 10: Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter

Discus and support Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a brand new 3 months old Microsoft surface. Out of nowhere chrome will not open and there are other strange things happening. I went to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wingfan13, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Wingfan13 Win User

Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter

I have a brand new 3 months old Microsoft surface. Out of nowhere chrome will not open and there are other strange things happening. I went to just reset the whole machine and it gets stuck at 1% and never proceeds. I left it overnight. It says I have an update and when I check for the update it just sits there checking for that update. When I try to run the troubleshooter I click the button and nothing at all happens. I don't know where to go from here. Help please. Any ideas ?

:)

Wingfan13, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Wingfan13 Win User

I have a brand new (3 months old) Microsoft surface. Out of nowhere chrome will not open and there are other strange things happening. I went to just reset the whole machine and it gets stuck at 1% and never proceeds. I left it overnight. It says I
    have an update and when I check for the update it just sits there checking for that update. When I try to run the troubleshooter I click the button and nothing at all happens. I don't know where to go from here. Help please. Any ideas ?

Wingfan13, May 25, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 25, 2020
  4. Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter

surface wont refresh

my surface 8.1 wont refresh

RichardSanterre1, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Surface wont update

2. Activation troubleshoot wont work ;-;

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation troubleshoot wont work ;-;: Theres some things thats been acting weird with my pc latelyi got warned about my license about to expirei did some google stuff but eventually just ignored itthen... my license died, and welli cant troubleshoot for some reasonthis insider thing Is there anything i can do to...
  3. Activation troubleshoot wont work ;-;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation troubleshoot wont work ;-;: Theres some things thats been acting weird with my pc latelyi got warned about my license about to expirei did some google stuff but eventually just ignored itthen... my license died, and welli cant troubleshoot for some reasonthis insider thing Is there anything i can do to...
  4. Activation troubleshoot wont work ;-;

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game wont run: Back for blood on game pass will not open after anti cheat screen loads I am on windows 11 up too date on graphics and drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-run/808037b5-a3eb-4fb8-813a-4ed31b8776ae
  6. My Windows wont update, troubleshoot, factory reset, microsoft store wont work correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows wont update, troubleshoot, factory reset, microsoft store wont work correctly: My Windows is just having a slew of problems and I can't fix any of them. Can someone please help me. My Microsoft Store hasn't been working properly crashing, installation errors, apps not functioning properly, so I tried updating my windows which supposedly hadn't been...
  7. run.bat wont run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    run.bat wont run: I wanted to create my own Minecraft server. I followed the steps. When I did clicked my run.bat, but it immediately closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runbat-wont-run/fd7aa7b4-e1e0-4da9-88a5-020352223546
  8. windows 10 wont find update and wont reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 wont find update and wont reset: so i have more problems, it freezes when i click on view update history, it wont download anything from the microsoft store, and to be more exact with the update error is 0x80080005 so i dont know what to do...
  9. APP wont run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APP wont run: Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 1731910883650819735, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AutoMouser v5.1...
  10. Minecraft wont Run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft wont Run!: I just bought a new computer and needed to download minecraft again. After I installed the new launcher I went on 1.8 because i don't enjoy later updates as much. When i clicked to launch the game it said couldn't set pixel format. Does anyone know how to help?...