Windows 10: Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering

Discus and support Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been working great for almost 6 months now. I have a Samsung Odyssey plus and a 15" surface book 2 with nvidia GeForce 1060. All of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulYeager, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering

This has been working great for almost 6 months now. I have a Samsung Odyssey plus and a 15" surface book 2 with nvidia GeForce 1060.

All of a sudden when I move my head I get ghosting of images. When my head is steady, it looks great. What can be causing this and how can I fix this issue. Windows 10 pro with 1909 update. Also, using the following drivers:

Card name: IntelR UHD Graphics 620
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: IntelR UHD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device POST
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5917&SUBSYS_00281414&REV_07
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 8282 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
    Shared Memory: 8154 MB
    Current Mode: 3240 x 2160 32 bit 60Hz
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red0.639648,0.330078, Green0.299805,0.599609, Blue0.150391,0.059570, White Point0.313477,0.329102
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Surface Display
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD0554
    Native Mode: 3240 x 2160p 59.995Hz
    Output Type: Internal
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
    Driver File Version: 25.20.0100.6472 English
    Driver Version: 25.20.100.6472

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Render-Only Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_00241414&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180600A [DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_REMOVABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 14208 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 6054 MB
    Shared Memory: 8154 MB
    Driver File Version: 26.21.0014.4578 English
    Driver Version: 26.21.14.4578
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.6

:)

PaulYeager, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 31, 2020
  3. lenovo Mixed reality controllers

Hello Bill,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    4. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    5. What is the make and model of your computer?

Upon researching, it was stated in this article that KB4284848 "Addresses a performance issue with Windows Mixed Reality on some laptops with hybrid graphics adapters, such as Surface Book 2".
    If you're using a laptop that supports hybrid graphics adapters, then its advisable to install the said KB update.

In addition, here are some articles that may help you troubleshoot your Mixed Reality Controllers:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering

Microsoft Mixed Reality portal issue

Hello Elizabeth, my name is Marcel and I am an Independent Advisor.

I am here to help.

I recommend that you try the steps mentioned below:

Try disabling Microsoft Mixed reality on start-up

1. Open the Task Manager

2. Tap on More details and move to Startup tab

3. Search for Windows Mixed Reality and right click on it

4. Select Disable and check the issue

Try shutting down Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal.

Switch off the simulator - shut down Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal - check the issue.

I can also recommend that you refer to the following articles to get more information.

Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-...

Navigating the Windows Mixed Reality home:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-...

Using Windows Mixed Reality FAQ and Controllers in Windows Mixed Reality:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404051...

Post me back, if you need further assistance.

Marcel Kuri, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering

1. Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering - Similar Threads - Surfacebook microsoft mixed

2. Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS: My Environment:Windows 1020H219042.1110Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Nvidia driver: 471.41Hardware:AMD Ryzen 5 3600XGygabyte b550m DS3hNvidia RTX2070 SuperI have used my WMR headset Lenovo 14 june 2021 and it did work properly. But today 25.07.2021, when I...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality with Oculus Quest 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality with Oculus Quest 2: Hi. I have Quest 2 and I want to play Minecraft for Windows 10 VR on it but my question is, can it work on Non PC-Powered Headsets like the Quest 2?...
  4. SURFACEBOOK 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SURFACEBOOK 2: Hi, my surfacebook keeps hanging when i open any file or folder from file explorer. However, if I search the same file from the winsearch and open it it works fine. Anyone relates?...
  5. Microsoft Unboxed: Mixed Reality Ep. 2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Unboxed: Mixed Reality Ep. 2: Sonia Dara and Colleen O’Brien are back with another episode of Microsoft Unboxed. This week, Sonia and Colleen cover mixed reality and a few of the ways our customers are using Microsoft HoloLens to transform their businesses: Mercedes-Benz uses mixed reality to train...
  6. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  7. Microsoft Mixed Reality

Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...
  8. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  9. Microsoft mixed reality commercial use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mixed reality commercial use: I would like to use a Microsoft mixed reality HMD and compatible software in a commercial VR arcade environment, what licensing etc will I need to achieve this?...
  10. Mixed Reality at Microsoft - February update

in Windows 10 News
    Mixed Reality at Microsoft - February update: Microsoft HoloLens comes to Singapore and United Arab Emirates as HP, Honeywell, and Trimble showcase momentum for mixed reality. It’s hard to believe that 2018 is almost two months old! Speaking on behalf of everyone on the mixed reality team at Microsoft, we are excited...