Windows 10: SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd

Discus and support SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a SurfaceGo without a physical keyboard , so the onscreen keyboard is of utmost importance. Unfortunately the keyboard refuses to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneralLee01, Nov 2, 2018.

1. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd

Hi all,

I have a SurfaceGo without a physical keyboard , so the onscreen keyboard is of utmost importance.

Unfortunately the keyboard refuses to popup when I tab in a text box, also taping the onscreen keyboard icon on the taskbar triggers no response.

Please advice

Thanks

Bo

:)

GeneralLee01, Nov 2, 2018
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 2, 2018
  3. Onscreen keyboard

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Onscreen keyboard freeze/crashes to restsrt again by itself after upgrading to Windows 10.

To be able to help you better, kindly provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Do you receive any error message when the on-screen keyboard crashes?

2. Do you observe the similar issue when logged into the computer using a different user Account?

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 2, 2018
  4. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd

how to disable the onscreen keyboard. nothing is working

Hi,

We appreciate time and effort you spent to resolve issue by yourself.

To assist you better, answer the questions

• What are troubleshooting methods that you have tried?
    • Are you facing any issue with onscreen keyboard?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type
      Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select
      Keyboard.
    • Then, Turn off the on screen keyboard.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd

1. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboatd - Similar Threads - SurfaceGo Onscreen Keyboatd

2. Onscreen outline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onscreen outline: Where has the approx. 1 x 1.5 inch onscreen outline come from no matter which program I'm running? When I place my cursor over it I get an egg timer which means it can stop me entering data in Excel? How to get rid of it? You can see it in the snip below. Thanks....
  3. Onscreen outline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onscreen outline: Where has the approx. 1 x 1.5 inch onscreen outline come from no matter which program I'm running? When I place my cursor over it I get an egg timer which means it can stop me entering data in Excel? How to get rid of it? You can see it in the snip below. Thanks....
  4. onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    onscreen keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet using Windows 10. The device is currently in tablet mode and the onscreen keyboard will not deploy. The keyboard icon is visible in the bottom right hand corner, but nothing happens when you click on it. I have gone in the keyboard settings...
  5. Onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onscreen keyboard: My keyboard has been spoiled and I used onscreen keyboard to type before upgrading from windows 7 to 10 but now the onscreen keyboard types the same like my corrupted keyboard. When I type 2 it shows @ shift values for all the numbers and symbols If I on caps lock it shows...
  6. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  7. OneDrive issues on my new SurfaceGo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issues on my new SurfaceGo: Good morning all, OneDrive never functioned properly on my new Surface Go, I have the following issues. A) After freshly installing the Onedrive app from the MSStore all seems ok, although I have no idea where the local onedrive is located. All files and folders show up,...
  8. Faulty Keyboatd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Faulty Keyboatd: Keyboard on my HP laptop will not work except for a few letters. Wireless keyboard works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faulty-keyboatd/f0bab66a-8ff9-437d-9db0-283613a4ac55
  9. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboard: Hi all, I have a SurfaceGo without a physical keyboard , so the onscreen keyboard is of utmost importance. Unfortunately the keyboard refuses to popup when I tab in a text box, also taping the onscreen keyboard icon on the taskbar triggers no response. Please advice...
  10. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add show box to surfacego