Windows 10: SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update

Discus and support SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoryChrane1, Jun 27, 2020.

1. SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update

after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver.

Brightness stuck on 100%

No camera found it is built in

No windows hello since no camera

Battery drains 70% faster due to display bright

Downloaded surface firmware and driver package,, as soon as display driver loads goes to black screen requires restore to see screen again.

Reset windows

Reloaded windows 6 times!

Loaded clean windows 5 times no help at all.

3 hours with Microsoft help offered exchange for $450

Left at best buy for a week had no ideas gave up.

Worked as new until windows update early June 2020 caused all this. 6 months out of warranty. I could fix it I could unglue all the Alcatara felt type covering .

:)

RoryChrane1, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 28, 2020
  4. SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update

No sound after windows 10 creator's update?

We appreciate you for giving us the update regarding the troubleshooting steps performed to fix the issue. We suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve this. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update

1. SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update - Similar Threads - SurfaceLptop goes dark

2. Pc goes dark then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc goes dark then restarts: Hi all,approximately every 2 days my PC goes dark and then restartsthe only thing I get is this in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC...
  3. Pc goes dark then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc goes dark then restarts: Hi all,approximately every 2 days my PC goes dark and then restartsthe only thing I get is this in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC...
  4. Pc goes dark then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen freezes & goes dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes & goes dark: Hey friends... Yesterday I made another topic - Weird issues since last update probably ? I am not sure, if this is related to the other one or not. Last night, I was watching some sport highlights on youtube & fell asleep, when I woke up & woke the laptop from sleep mode - I...
  6. my screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my screen goes dark: recently when I unplug my charger the screen goes really really dark and I barely can see the screen. I have tried power troubleshooting but it was no use. what should I do? it's windows 10 Lenovo laptop...
  7. Surface screen goes dark after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface screen goes dark after driver update: after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver. Brightness stuck on 100% No camera found it is built in No windows hello since no camera Battery drains 70% faster due to...
  8. Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows display goes dark after about 2 hours or so: This has been going on for the past few months. But l want to find a fix. After about 2 hours after turning on my computer. My computer's display goes black. Everything else is working fine though. I've heard you need to update display drivers. However according to my...
  9. screen goes Dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes Dark: hello...the windows starting screen that means the laptop screen showing dark. Even though I set any wallpaper .still it is black . when I go to personalisation setting there it shows the exact wallpaper that I set. But it doesnot work on main screen...but I am able to access...
  10. screen goes dark after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen goes dark after 1 minute: Why does the screen on a portable go dark after a minute without use when all power sleep settings are set to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-dark-after-1-minute/9dd5e98f-0d5f-4e25-9086-13bd9679e0bb