Windows 10: SurfacePro 4 Camera doesn't turn on startup

Discus and support SurfacePro 4 Camera doesn't turn on startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Surface Pro 4. My Windows configuration is:Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎2020-‎06-‎16OS build 19042.964Serial number... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CrowchildBob, May 4, 2021.

1. SurfacePro 4 Camera doesn't turn on startup

Hi,I have a Surface Pro 4. My Windows configuration is:Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎2020-‎06-‎16OS build 19042.964Serial number 021888170853Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0On startup, the camera won't turn on and the machine wants me to enter the PIN.HOWEVER, if I don't enter the PIN, click on SignIn Options and select Face ID, then the camera DOES turn on an I'm able to sign on with Hello.So my question is, why doesn't the camera turn on automatically upon startup, but will turn on if I select it as a SignIn option?

:)

CrowchildBob, May 4, 2021

2. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, May 4, 2021
  3. pigulici Win User
    Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, May 4, 2021
  4. SurfacePro 4 Camera doesn't turn on startup

using AtiTool in xp home @ startup

I can`t use AtiTool-settings under XP Home Edition @ startup. Only on an admin-account it works :/. Is there a possibility to make it run under every other account? (to copy the autorun entry in the autorun list of an user doesn`t work)
    thank u 4 answers

Ati(-tool)-fan, May 4, 2021
Thema:

SurfacePro 4 Camera doesn't turn on startup

1. SurfacePro 4 Camera doesn't turn on startup - Similar Threads - SurfacePro Camera doesn't

2. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  3. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  4. IR Camera Doesn't Turn on for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IR Camera Doesn't Turn on for Windows Hello: [ATTACH] I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white...
  5. Applications doesn't startup when turning on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications doesn't startup when turning on my computer: Hi guys Applications like discord, steam, razer synapse, dropbox etc. doesn't automatically start up when booting my computer. Haven't downloaded anything new and I haven't changed any settings either. I tried googling but couldn't find anything relevant. Does anybody have...
  6. Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO: I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. The regular camera turns on...
  7. IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO: I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white light on top...
  8. SurfacePro 2 screen turns black w/external Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfacePro 2 screen turns black w/external Monitor: We have a Surface Pro 2 that's only a few months old, and the screen on the laptop turns black when plugging in an external monitor. When you unplug the monitor the screen stays black and you have to do a hard reset to get it back. It was working fine until recently. We've...
  9. Camera Doesn't Turn Off After Video Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Doesn't Turn Off After Video Calls: Hello, I have a Microsoft LifeCam running on Windows 10. Whenever the camera is on, a blue light is activated on it. Any time I finish a call on Skype/Teams/GoToMeeting the camera says on - the blue light stays on. I have to launch the camera utility and exit it to get the...
  10. Microsoft HD-3000 LifeCam using Windows 10 on a SurfacePro 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft HD-3000 LifeCam using Windows 10 on a SurfacePro 4?: Is there a way to enable an external (USB Connection) Microsoft HD-3000 LifeCam using Windows 10 on a SurfacePro 4? I would like to use this camera for training videos. Thanks....