Windows 10: Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist?

Discus and support Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've installed Surfshark VPN on my PC and phone. Naturally, this breaks the connection between my phone and PC using the Your Phone / Your Phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chuck Steenburgh, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist?

I've installed Surfshark VPN on my PC and phone. Naturally, this breaks the connection between my phone and PC using the Your Phone / Your Phone Companion apps.

Surfshark tech support says to whitelist the Your Phone Companion app. However, Your Phone Companion does not show up in the list of applications, either from within Surfshark or in the main Android applications list. And yes, it is installed, before anyone asks. It was working fine before installing Surfshark.

Any suggestions?

:)

Chuck Steenburgh, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Jenia90 Win User

AdBlocker blocking the Your Phone Companion app endpoints on android phone

Hi,

I have a rooted android phone with Energized Protection adblocker installed, which, apparently, is blocking the Your Phone Companion app endpoints and thus I can't access my messages/photos/notifications from my PC.

Is there a list of URLs I can add to my whitelist in order for Your Phone app to work properly?

P.S. If I clear my hosts file, Your Phone app works as expected, so it is indeed an issue with whitelisting specific URLs used by the app.

Thanks in advance,

Jenia

Jenia90, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    AdBlocker blocking the Your Phone Companion app endpoints on android phone

Hello Jenia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you are aware that the Energized Protection ad blocker is blocking Your Phone Companion app, it’s recommended for you to uninstall the particular application to use ‘Your Phone app’. Also, we can’t whitelist the URL to keep Your Phone App
    unblocked, as it’s a system application. However, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Check for the URLs blocked.

I would suggest you to check for the URLs blocked on the hosts file to see if the websites are added correctly. For more information, you may refer an article on
    How to reset the Hosts file back to the default.

Method 2: Microsoft does not recommend any Third Party’s Software or Hardware, however you can use your favorite search engine
    and install an application which do not block the application that is running on your machine.

Disclaimer: Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software or Link can be solved. Using Third Party Software or Link is at your own risk.

Additional Information: You may refer to the
    Troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article regarding

Your Phone app.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist?

Has anyone been able to get phone companion to work

Hi,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Phone companion app and check if you are facing the issue

To uninstall the phone companion app please follow the steps below:

• Type phone companion in the
      search
      box.

• Right click on
      phone companion
      and click on uninstall.

Once it is uninstalled, you can reinstall it from windows store.

You can refer the article below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-phone-companion/9wzdncrfj3pm

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist?

1. Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist? - Similar Threads - Surfshark Blocks Phone

2. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Companion: Good morningThe your phone companion on my windows 10 has become unusable as it continues to shut down every 10-15 seconds please help as it work 2 months agoRegardsRon Lanham...
  3. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Companion: Good morningThe your phone companion on my windows 10 has become unusable as it continues to shut down every 10-15 seconds please help as it work 2 months agoRegardsRon Lanham...
  4. Your Phone Companion

Your Phone Companion: Your Phone Companionwill not load. It will not reinstall and I can't uninstall it on Windows 10. Tried repair and reset with no results. Do not want to reset computer as I would lose to many programs. Acer had restore points turned off. Help please...
  5. Your Phone Companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone Companion: I have the YOUR PHONE app on my computer that syncs with my phone for sending / receiving SMS. As of a few days ago it stopped synchronising and on the phone I get a message saying it's disconnected. However, when I click the cog button on my phone nothing happens. Likewise,...
  6. your phone companion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    your phone companion: does anyone know how to call in private mode with your phone companion submitted by /u/fasterthen5gaysnails [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ett7/your_phone_companion/
  7. Phone companion/Your phone.

Phone companion/Your phone.: Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed. Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All settings set according to MS: Bluetooth etc., etc. In W 10 Settings > Phone shows that the phone is linked: Moto G6. The W 10...
  8. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your Phone Companion: I installed the phone companion on my Galaxy S8 and the PC to be able to make calls from the PC. My cell phone says connected to your PC and so does the PC; however in the your Phone companion app on the PC it says this feature dosent work with your PC. Tried the...
  9. Your Phone Companion

Your Phone Companion: Hello, Yesterday I went on my computer to link my phone to it with the My Phone app, so I enter my phone number, and tap the link on my device, when it brings me to the Google Play Store (Yes, I am running Android), I can't install it because it says your device is not...
  10. your phone companion

your phone companion: i have a text message on my your phone companion on my lap top but i deleted it on my mobile how do i clear it as it still shows up as an un read text on my phone and on my lap top...