Windows 10: Surge boards

Discus and support Surge boards in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am looking at buying a new surge boards and I am wondering if my supposition that the higher the joule rating is the better the board . Any advice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Surge boards

Am looking at buying a new surge boards and I am wondering if my supposition that the higher the joule rating is the better the board .

Any advice most appreciated.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Aug 26, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

Surge Protection

Just curious - how do you know that it's not UL listed?

bobkn, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Surge Protection

Here's a Belkin surge protector without a UL listing.

Robot Check

It seems surge protectors can be on the market without UL listings. *Wink

The Pool Man, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Surge boards

PC restarts while gaming, power surges detected.

Even with the anti-surge turned off, the Motherboard and PSU should have OVP and OCP which deals with the minute surges that occur.
    If your power supply to the computer is that dirty you get frequent surges I suggest a surge protector board or a UPS which should have built in protection.

Caring1, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Surge boards

1. Surge boards - Similar Threads - Surge boards

2. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...: Hello,After a power surge last night, my PC no longer boots beyond the BIOS, and becomes stuck at the circling dots screen. After a number of resets, I will get a "Preparing Automatic Repair", but it never goes farther.On VERY rare occasions twice out of ~20 times, I have...
  3. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...: Hello,After a power surge last night, my PC no longer boots beyond the BIOS, and becomes stuck at the circling dots screen. After a number of resets, I will get a "Preparing Automatic Repair", but it never goes farther.On VERY rare occasions twice out of ~20 times, I have...
  4. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...: The light indicates that I have power to it but just has a dark screen as if it were off. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop screen flashes on and off continuously from a smaller to larger to dark on the screen. Can someone tell me **** I am doing? How can I...
  6. I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...

I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...: The light indicates that I have power to it but just has a dark screen as if it were off. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop screen flashes on and off continuously from a smaller to larger to dark on the screen. Can someone tell me **** I am doing? How can I...
  7. computer USB power surge issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer USB power surge issue: alright, so. i unplugged my PS4 controller charger for a while, to use it for something else. and now whenever i plug it back in, it power surge's the usb port and no matter how much times i try to do ANYTHING, even close it, it gives me power surge notifications even after i...
  8. computer USB power surge issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer USB power surge issue: alright, so. i unplugged my PS4 controller charger for a while, to use it for something else. and now whenever i plug it back in, it power surge's the usb port and no matter how much times i try to do ANYTHING, even close it, it gives me power surge notifications even after i...
  9. computer USB power surge issue

10. Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,...

Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,...: Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from MicrosoftRetail Code and after a power surge and fixing everything that got fried I'm told I have to use my Home key = Look I paid alot of money for my Retail Code,...