Windows 10: Suround sound 5.1 not working properly.

Discus and support Suround sound 5.1 not working properly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About 4 weeks ago my computer suddenly stopped playing surround sound. It was fine before, it played all formats like Atmos, DTS HD, and all Dolby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeroen1_894, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Suround sound 5.1 not working properly.

About 4 weeks ago my computer suddenly stopped playing surround sound. It was fine before, it played all formats like Atmos, DTS HD, and all Dolby formats. When i look at the sound properties it still says i can play all those formats.

I have changed nothing about my setup or settings, it just stopped working when i was playing some Dolby Atmos demo file. Maybe a windows update or something happened? at this moment i am clueless to whaht the problem might be.

When i select Dolby Atmos under speaker settings i get stereo sound.

If i select 5.1 or 7.1 i get PCM with several players (no dolby or dts). On windows media player i get again just stereo sound.

What i already tried: Update drivers for sound and video, Remove driver, try different drivers and versions. Reinstalled Windows.

Setup and drivers:

Intel NUC i7, Denon Receiver, speakers

intel UHD 620 display driver and Intel display audio driver

Connected by HDMI

:)

jeroen1_894, Sep 15, 2019

2. Sound driver is not working properly

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model the computer?

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.
    d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps follows for Windows 10 also)

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 15, 2019
  3. Sound not working properly

Hi,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue might occur if the drivers are outdated or not compatible, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

Method 1:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

Step 1: Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

Step 2: Select “View all”
    on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Step 3: Click Advanced, ensure to check
    Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

Step 4: Click Next.

If the issue still persist, follow the below steps.

Method 2: Uninstall drivers.

1. On the search bar type “Device Manager”.

2. Locate “Sound, video and game controllers” and expand by clicking on it.

3. Right on the “Jack drivers” option and click “Uninstall’.

4. Reboot your PC and check if helps

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Suround sound 5.1 not working properly.

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Suround sound 5.1 not working properly.

1. Suround sound 5.1 not working properly. - Similar Threads - Suround sound working

2. Sound drivers are not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound drivers are not working properly: Hi Team,Sound is not audible, I have tried to troubleshoot and found might be drivers are outdated. I have tried to update drivers but could not do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers-are-not-working-properly/950a1967-1bf6-488c-a1ff-b2ac0f605f41
  3. Sound drivers are not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers are not working properly: Hi Team,Sound is not audible, I have tried to troubleshoot and found might be drivers are outdated. I have tried to update drivers but could not do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers-are-not-working-properly/950a1967-1bf6-488c-a1ff-b2ac0f605f41
  4. Sound not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not working properly: The sound in my laptop is not working properly, when I click the volume keys and I change the volume from configuration it doesn't actually turn the volume up or down from the laptop. I'll have to do it from the settings of the app or game I'm using at the moment. The icon of...
  5. Sound not working properly

Sound not working properly: The sound in my laptop is not working properly, when I click the volume keys and I change the volume from configuration it doesn't actually turn the volume up or down from the laptop. I'll have to do it from the settings of the app or game I'm using at the moment. The icon of...
  6. sound drive not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound drive not working properly: sound drive not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drive-not-working-properly/97167081-d64b-4485-95ed-21d1f28c2145
  7. sound drive not working properly

sound drive not working properly: sound drive not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drive-not-working-properly/97167081-d64b-4485-95ed-21d1f28c2145
  8. Sound System not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound System not working properly: Sound comes out of computer speakers but when I plug my headphones in there is no sound at all. The headphones do work and I had a recent update that might have caused the problem. I am just unaware of how to fix the problem....
  9. Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue: Since Windows 10 1903 was released, I'm having a problem with my SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround Sound (external USB sound card). I don't think this is the pro version but I downloaded and updated the latest drivers from Creative. What's strange is that the only way I can get...
  10. Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!: I just found that my laptop played the sound of people talking or TV or any other sound made around it!It seems that it had recorded and played it at the same time!Whenever there is a sound around it,it just plays it automatically right away!!Even when i was typing,it could...