Windows 10: Surround 7.1 format not supported by this device

Discus and support Surround 7.1 format not supported by this device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I got a JBL Quantum 300 headset. I tried plugging them using the USB for the surround 7.1 effect. After launching the JBL Quantum Engine Software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BhushanAstulkar, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Surround 7.1 format not supported by this device

Hi, I got a JBL Quantum 300 headset. I tried plugging them using the USB for the surround 7.1 effect. After launching the JBL Quantum Engine Software to configure the headset, I am getting an error 'This format is not supported by this device'. Moreover, when I try testing the headsets through sound settings it says, 'Failed to play test tone'. I have tried everything, through the services manager, through device manager nothing is working. When I plug these headsets through 3.5 mm jack it works normally like any other headset but when it is plugged in using USB there is no sound. Can someone help me with this issue as it is getting extremely frustrating to sit with these and no able to figure out the solution?

:)

BhushanAstulkar, Aug 7, 2020

2. 5.1 surround in a 7.1 setup

Hi EricEns,

In order to help you with your concern about you 5.1 surround in a 7.1 set up, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • Is it the first time you are setting up this connection?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest for you to utilize
    this
    support link
    which have been helpful to a lot of Community members who had sound issues with their Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Dynata07 Win User
    how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ?

how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ?

i just bought headset 7.1 surround sound but i cant change the setting on windows 10 latest updates

Dynata07, Aug 7, 2020
  4. EricEns Win User

Surround 7.1 format not supported by this device

5.1 surround in a 7.1 setup

I'm having an edge case issue with 5.1 signals being sent to the correct channels. I have my Windows 10 machine connected to an AV receiver and a 7.1 surround setup. When the computer is sending a 7.1 surround signal (like a game, or the test ) or an encoded
    signal (like Dolby Digital) everything works great. The issue is when the computer sends the AVR a 5.1 PCM signal. When a 7.1 setup plays a 5.1 signal the active channels should be the front L/R (FL, FR), centre (CC) and surround L/R (SL, SR) and not send
    anything to the back channels (BL, BR). However, when Windows 10 is sending the surround signals to BL and BR instead of SL and SR.

If I change the sound settings from 7.1 to 5.1, then the SL and SR channels work again, but I'm no longer using the full surround setup. Is there a way to change which channels are prioritized in a 7.1 setup? I expect there isn't besides changing my sound settings
    for different uses, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

****Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings****

EricEns, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Surround 7.1 format not supported by this device

1. Surround 7.1 format not supported by this device - Similar Threads - Surround format supported

2. File Format Is Not Supported Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Format Is Not Supported Error: I uploaded some JPEG photos from my iPhone to the new Microsoft photos. Microsoft photos will not open them - I get a message that the file format is not supported. This did not happen to all the JPEG files. What is going on?...
  3. File Format Is Not Supported Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Format Is Not Supported Error: I uploaded some JPEG photos from my iPhone to the new Microsoft photos. Microsoft photos will not open them - I get a message that the file format is not supported. This did not happen to all the JPEG files. What is going on?...
  4. should use more than 1 surround sound software

should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  5. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  6. does windows 7 32 bit support Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 7 32 bit support Bluetooth device?: HELLO, i have been trying to use a bluetooth device with my windows 7 32-bit but i have been having challenges . what could be the problem ?does it mean that i dont have bluetooth installed in my windows or the windows does not support bluetooth ?...
  7. does windows 7 32 bit support Bluetooth device?

does windows 7 32 bit support Bluetooth device?: HELLO, i have been trying to use a bluetooth device with my windows 7 32-bit but i have been having challenges . what could be the problem ?does it mean that i dont have bluetooth installed in my windows or the windows does not support bluetooth ?...
  8. PSD file format support

PSD file format support: hi you know this file format PSD is very important for Photoshopers, so please support it. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/psd-file-format-support/bba472e1-0179-46f5-8d19-4a437cc8afc5
  9. Windows 7 support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 support: so i bought an original windows 7 disc 3 years ago and used it on my now broken gaming laptop i am planning on making a new pc on february this year but apparently windows 7 support will end this month, will i still be able to use my windows 7 key on my new pc and upgrade it...
  10. “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported”: Hello, I had a question about downloading my video files from google drive. I’m not sure if my question should be posted here but it seems the problem is windows refusing to open the file. I tried to download a video through google photos that was uploaded from my phone via...