Windows 10: Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

Discus and support Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section. I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PLambert87, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section.

I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise it was surveillance when I bought it) and is also out of warranty.
    WD Purple 6TB
    I've built a new PC and had the odd start up issues (not sure if it was to do with this HDD in the first place, or if I killed it).

The pc would sometimes get stuck on the bios screen so I had to hard power off. From what I remember, I don't remember the initial noise, but now when I do a hard reset, I hear a beep / sudden stop of a disc spinning in that hard drive.

When it's plugged in, the PC either sticks on the bios, or performs a maintenance on that drive. Once that is complete, I can turn the PC on and off without a problem, but as soon as I turn the power off completely, it becomes a hassle to boot again.

I've used various software to detect problems.
    A quick scan with WD data lifeguard comes back fine, whereas a full scan finds bad sectors.

I've also ran crystaldiskinfo and it comes back with 'caution'

The cautions are:
    (ID - ATTRIUBUTE NAME - CURRENT - WORST - THRESHOLD - RAW VALUES)
    05 - Reallocated sectors count - 188 - 188 - 140 - 0000000016D
    C5 - Current pending sector count - 200 - 200 - 0 - 000000000037

I almost feel like I caused this with some hard restarts, but it could be this drive all along thats caused the problem.
    It appears fine. Formats ok, and I can put info on it.

Any help or suggestions on how to repair would be fantastic, or if it needs discarding.

Thanks!

:)

PLambert87, Feb 4, 2021

2. Revive a dead CPU?

Is it possible to revive a dead CPU?

There are no broken/bent pins. Physically it looks 100% but the motherboard's vrm cooked and sparked.

Placing the old cpu into the new board it doesn't boot. Powers on but I can't even get into the bios.

gettheclicker, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Jbasin Win User
    How to revive a dead video card (128mb fx5200 inno3d)

hey i have done already. the problem is that i cant save the new bios in my dead video card. i have use a pci in reviving my agp 8x video card and i have downloaded a bios for my video card. i was wondering why cant i save my new bios ??? i think my mistakes is in saving the bios in my dead video card. please help in this area. send me info. in step by step flashing the video card because i tried using the command in the review that i have read here.

Jbasin, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

1. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived - Similar Threads - Surveillance HDD dead

2. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  3. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  4. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived: Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section. I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise it was surveillance when I bought it) and is also out of warranty. WD Purple 6TB I've built a new PC and had the odd start up...
  6. Trying to revive a possibly dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to revive a possibly dead hard drive: Hi everyone. I had a Seagate external HDD attached to my server for a couple of years and it recently stopped being recognised by the server. Plugging it into my windows machine doesn't make it show up in drive manager or explorer, though the disks still spin up when...
  7. Win 10 on dead hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...
  8. Can I revive this pc key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I revive this pc key?: I have an old Lenovo x100e that came with a windows 7 COA sticker, and I want to build a pc that can reuse this key. This laptop recently died and won't turn on, so I cant deactivate and use the key on another machine. How can I deactivate this key?...
  9. Revive a dead CPU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Revive a dead CPU?: Is it possible to revive a dead CPU? There are no broken/bent pins. Physically it looks 100% but the motherboard's vrm cooked and sparked. Placing the old cpu into the new board it doesn't boot. Powers on but I can't even get into the bios. 139944
  10. External HDD dead/dying - potential revival/recovery/optimization?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External HDD dead/dying - potential revival/recovery/optimization?: Hey! I've had this external HDD for close to a year, and to be fair I haven't been as careful with it as I should have been. The HDD has "died" on me two times earlier, this being my third time struggling with it. 99% of the time it won't be recognized or even start up, but...