Windows 10: Suspect dying HD

Discus and support Suspect dying HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Acer Aspire E55-575 Laptop W10/1903 Laptop was running slow so I backed up and reloaded Windows 10 from the tool. I didn't save any existing files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lenberman, Feb 1, 2020.

1. lenberman Win User

Suspect dying HD

Acer Aspire E55-575 Laptop W10/1903

Laptop was running slow so I backed up and reloaded Windows 10 from the tool. I didn't save any existing files since I would reload from backup. The computer still seamed slow and took 10 minutes to shut down and 4 to boot. I ran defrag and chkdsk /r /f /x. The computer is faster but still takes 2 - 3 minutes to boot an shutdown takes 3 minutes also. I am suspecting the hard drive, what are your thoughts. Your help is appreciated.
    Len
    San Diego, CA

:)

lenberman, Feb 1, 2020
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

Suspect dying HD

Download HDtune.
    try a clean boot
    open taskmanager and check out what programs are loading.
    disable any suspect programs.
    Had slow boot myself because of dying HD . Apparently the bios was having a hard time
    finding the drive and assigning a drive letter.
    replaced it with a ssd and now boots normal.

HD Tune website

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

thomaseg1, Feb 1, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 1, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Suspect dying HD

Suspect dying HD

I always tell people the first thing to do when suspecting a bad drive is to backup the data. After you can do all the testing whichever way you choose.

Oh, and before downloading hundred's of programs, you could simply start with Windows' built-in tool - Right click the drive, click Properties, click the Tool's tab, under error checking click "Check". Go from there.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Suspect dying HD

1. Suspect dying HD - Similar Threads - Suspect dying

2. BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver: I have been having BSOD issues recently, usually when starting up laptop or when running idle. Have gotten message on blue screen saying driver_power_state_failure, Kmode_exception_not_handled, page_fault in nonpage_area. Here is the logs for the most recent blue screens, any...
  3. BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver: I have been having BSOD issues recently, usually when starting up laptop or when running idle. Have gotten message on blue screen saying driver_power_state_failure, Kmode_exception_not_handled, page_fault in nonpage_area. Here is the logs for the most recent blue screens, any...
  4. I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?: How can I uninstall MapsGalaxy from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspect-that-mapsgalaxy-is-affecting-my-windows/7146f2fb-5f6a-4a5f-82dd-cd7526bb5324
  5. I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?

I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?: How can I uninstall MapsGalaxy from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspect-that-mapsgalaxy-is-affecting-my-windows/7146f2fb-5f6a-4a5f-82dd-cd7526bb5324
  6. I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?: Hi.It all started with two, apparently, common problems. poor performance that didn't seem to correlate with my setup/or my settings, and an usb 3.1 gen 2 port that only was able to do 1.6 gbit/s.I ran the console on server startup and of all the errors one stood out to me....
  8. Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?

Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?: Hi.It all started with two, apparently, common problems. poor performance that didn't seem to correlate with my setup/or my settings, and an usb 3.1 gen 2 port that only was able to do 1.6 gbit/s.I ran the console on server startup and of all the errors one stood out to me....
  9. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption: My desktop freezes after a few moment of activities. I downloaded the window 10 iso using the media creation tool but cannot flashes the image in the advance tool after hitting F8. Fortunately after restart, I was able to return to my desktop to earn Abit longer time to...
  10. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption: My desktop freezes after a few moment of activities. I downloaded the window 10 iso using the media creation tool but cannot flashes the image in the advance tool after hitting F8. Fortunately after restart, I was able to return to my desktop to earn Abit longer time to...