Windows 10: Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On turning on my laptop I got a message on the sign on screen saying that my version of Windows 10 was out of date and need to be updated so that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MJones8, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MJones8 Win User

Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

On turning on my laptop I got a message on the sign on screen saying that my version of Windows 10 was out of date and need to be updated so that I would continue to receive security updates after November 2019. It appeared in the same place as the usual Micosoft link which needs to be used or cleared to be able to sign on.

This seemed odd so I chaecked via Windows Settings and saw that my version was up to date.

In following the link, i was invited to run, downlad or cancel. I downloaded the exe (but have nuot run it). The exe is Windows10Upgrade28088

Is this a scam?

:)

MJones8, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Suspect Upgrade

2. I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?: How can I uninstall MapsGalaxy from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspect-that-mapsgalaxy-is-affecting-my-windows/7146f2fb-5f6a-4a5f-82dd-cd7526bb5324
  3. I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?: How can I uninstall MapsGalaxy from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspect-that-mapsgalaxy-is-affecting-my-windows/7146f2fb-5f6a-4a5f-82dd-cd7526bb5324
  4. I suspect that MapsGalaxy is affecting my Windows 10 operation. How can I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?: Hi.It all started with two, apparently, common problems. poor performance that didn't seem to correlate with my setup/or my settings, and an usb 3.1 gen 2 port that only was able to do 1.6 gbit/s.I ran the console on server startup and of all the errors one stood out to me....
  6. Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?

Quest 3 PCVR poor performance. WINUSB suspected cause. Any ideas?: Hi.It all started with two, apparently, common problems. poor performance that didn't seem to correlate with my setup/or my settings, and an usb 3.1 gen 2 port that only was able to do 1.6 gbit/s.I ran the console on server startup and of all the errors one stood out to me....
  7. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption: My desktop freezes after a few moment of activities. I downloaded the window 10 iso using the media creation tool but cannot flashes the image in the advance tool after hitting F8. Fortunately after restart, I was able to return to my desktop to earn Abit longer time to...
  8. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption: My desktop freezes after a few moment of activities. I downloaded the window 10 iso using the media creation tool but cannot flashes the image in the advance tool after hitting F8. Fortunately after restart, I was able to return to my desktop to earn Abit longer time to...
  9. Desktop freezes, suspect c drive corruption

10. Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked: Hi all *Smile, hope someone can find a fix for me but I fear the worst at this point.*Sad Was a happy Pro 2 user since it was released until the scheduled 10 upgrade yesterday. After upgrade installed with minimal issues, was feeling my way through the new system enjoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10upgrade28088

2. windows10upgrade28088.exe

3. windows 10 upgrade 28088.exe

4. Windows10Upgrade 1.4,
  5. Windows10Upgrade28088 blank screen,
  6. windows10 upgrade 28088,
  7. windows10upgrade28088 (1),
  8. windows 28088.exe,
  9. windows updat 28088 exe legit?,
  10. windows upgrade 28088,
  11. what is windows10upgrade28088,