Windows 10: Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On turning on my laptop I got a message on the sign on screen saying that my version of Windows 10 was out of date and need to be updated so that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MJones8, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MJones8 Win User

Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

On turning on my laptop I got a message on the sign on screen saying that my version of Windows 10 was out of date and need to be updated so that I would continue to receive security updates after November 2019. It appeared in the same place as the usual Micosoft link which needs to be used or cleared to be able to sign on.

This seemed odd so I chaecked via Windows Settings and saw that my version was up to date.

In following the link, i was invited to run, downlad or cancel. I downloaded the exe (but have nuot run it). The exe is Windows10Upgrade28088

Is this a scam?

:)

MJones8, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Suspect Upgrade

2. suspected drive failure (event id 154) - logical or physical?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    suspected drive failure (event id 154) - logical or physical?: I know it may be hard to diagnose, and I was led to think the drive (WDC WD30EZRX) is indeed physically damaged (just 12 days of Power on time), as the error 154 of the kind reported next, is repeatedly recorded in the event viewer: The IO operation at logical block address...
  3. My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer fails to charge and I suspect it is a software issue, but don't know how to fix it.: My computer has recently been completely failing to recognize whether or not it is plugged in. I have tried different cords, different ends to those cords, different power sockets, etc, but nothing seems to work. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed my 'Microsoft...
  4. I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I suspected having a virus on my windows 10 PC and have defender: I ran Stinger from Mcafee, so far its found 1 trojan in Default.SFX called Artemis!52458e1e8d8a which it cannot repair and a virus in WinRAR-x6454b2.exe just wondering why defender cannot detect these and deal with them ?...
  5. I suspect my PC not running well - Hidden registry from unathorized user

I suspect my PC not running well - Hidden registry from unathorized user: this is one of example of Log that I save.. can anyone explain me in simple words.. what is the meaning of this log? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspect-my-pc-not-running-well-hidden-registry/9a1da375-cae3-4572-908c-0637963bb10b"
  6. BSOD, suspecting it is my firewire PCIe adapter for connecting my firewire soundcard, DMP...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, suspecting it is my firewire PCIe adapter for connecting my firewire soundcard, DMP...: Link to the Mini dump file (zipped): https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5zvfMB_nXygSwHOhrm0HEHpspt?e=QP3ap7 I would be gratefull if anyone can confirm wether my assumption is right or not Windows 10 home with the latest drivers. Motherboard: Gigabyte aorus pro, bios version f9...
  7. Held Emails for Suspected Virus Embedded Information

Held Emails for Suspected Virus Embedded Information: Staff, My email, having some attachments, has been held because of suspected virus embedded information. Evidence of email holding is provided in the following: From: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***]...
  8. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD help, suspected driver issues.: I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming + watching videos), only leaving sound as an output. When this happened I would have to power off my system with the power button to...
  9. Suspected Phishing email from domain verifiedvsa.com

Suspected Phishing email from domain verifiedvsa.com: I just received a suspicious email as follows: Subject: I can ruin your life. I have infected your device 8 months ago with a tr... and then it cuts off. I did not open the email. It sounds like a phishing attempt but could this be real? Using Win 10 Home and Windows...
  10. Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked: Hi all *Smile, hope someone can find a fix for me but I fear the worst at this point.*Sad Was a happy Pro 2 user since it was released until the scheduled 10 upgrade yesterday. After upgrade installed with minimal issues, was feeling my way through the new system enjoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10upgrade28088

2. windows10upgrade28088.exe

3. 什麼windows10upgrade 28088.exe

4. windows10upgrade28088 甚麼