Windows 10: Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application :

Discus and support Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application : in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think I've narrowed down the cause of this irritating virus-like worm tunneling into my computer. The only application that has been on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keyadrero, Jan 24, 2021.

1. keyadrero Win User

Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application :

I think I've narrowed down the cause of this irritating virus-like worm tunneling into my computer.

The only application that has been on my computer each time is the "Spotify" application.

I've removed it from my systems.

:)

keyadrero, Jan 24, 2021

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Spotify

Hi basilorjwan

follow these steps

1. Go to Spotify.com and click on the Get Spotify button.

2. A window will appear asking you to create an account. Here you can create one with an email address or connect with your Facebook account.

3. Once you have your account, the Spotify desktop application will be downloaded automatically.

4. Open the Spotify installation file by double clicking on it. You will see a new window that says: Downloading Spotify.

5. Once this process is finished, the application will open automatically and will welcome you to the service with a pop-up. In this, you can also configure (before you start listening) if you want the music you listen to be shared on Facebook automatically
    (this can also be changed later).

6. Ready! You can now start using Spotify.

MaritzaCapiro, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application :

Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below methods and see if this works.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.

Close Spotify before performing the below steps.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Msconfig and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Go to Services tab and look for
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
    > Uncheck the box beside to this service > Click on
    Apply > OK.

Once you have performed the above steps, launch Spotify and check for the issue.

Method 2: Disable Google Play Music Extension.

Step 1: If you are using Google Chrome, then launch Google Chrome.

Step 2: At the top right of Google Chrome, click More >
    More tools > Extensions.

Step 3: Look for Google Play Music extension and click on
    Disable.

Once you have performed the above steps, launch Spotify and check for the issue.

Method 3: Restart Human Interface Device Service.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Services.msc and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Then, locate for Human Interface Device Service from the list and look for the status of this service whether the service is started or stopped.

Step 3: If the service is stopped, then click on the Human Interface Device Service and click on
    Start.

Step 4: If the service is already started, then click on
    Restart
    to restart the service.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application :

1. Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application : - Similar Threads - Suspected Vulnerability Spotify

2. The Spotify application is not responding on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    The Spotify application is not responding on Windows 11: [IMG]There are users who are reporting that the Spotify app is not responding on their Windows 11/10 PC. In this guide, we show you how to fix it. Spotify is one of the best audio streaming platforms available worldwide. It is available for free and has a subscription that...
  3. Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected Vulnerability in Spotify Application :: I think I've narrowed down the cause of this irritating virus-like worm tunneling into my computer. The only application that has been on my computer each time is the "Spotify" application. I've removed it from my systems....
  4. Spotify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spotify: Help! I don't know what to do. When I'm listening to Spotify my pc locks. Every time when I'm not doing anything my copmuter goes to lock mode too. I tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/ce14f286-7160-4d15-850f-c971c57da7cc
  5. Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability: A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) which could allow an attacker to bypass WDAC enforcement. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could circumvent PowerShell Core Constrained Language Mode on the...
  6. Vulnerability?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vulnerability?: Windows 10. Files can be accessed without the user password from Troubleshoot>System Image Recovery>select a system image>Advanced >install a driver and it loads up the Local storage where files can be copied to external storage....
  7. Spotify

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"
  8. Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use Media Keys in Spotify Application: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  9. spotify

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spotify: hi please like my playlists on Spotify my username is earmcoutlook.com.au https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spotify/c01bb096-d883-4f97-97cd-df5fd688f34e
  10. Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...