Windows 10: Suspicious account activity

Discus and support Suspicious account activity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I rarely use my ages old hotmail account, but I do have it set up for POP access from my PC - Windows 10, with Outlook 2010, so it's is poked at least... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KSTinMB, May 4, 2020.

1. KSTinMB Win User

Suspicious account activity

I rarely use my ages old hotmail account, but I do have it set up for POP access from my PC - Windows 10, with Outlook 2010, so it's is poked at least once a day.

I received a notice of suspicious activity and when I checked the log, I found:

Device/platform Windows

Browser/app Firefox

IP address 185.240.246.124

Account alias *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Session activity Unusual activity detected

and

Protocol: Exchange ActiveSync

IP: 41.217.72.75

Account alias: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Time: 2 hours ago

Approximate location: Nigeria

Type: Unusual activity detected

The account had a long, unique, unguessable password which I have since changed not used elsewhere and I use a password manager, KeePass.

How is this possible?
    What is the "unusual activity" captured with Firefox?
    How was Exchange ActiveSync used without my password?

I am very cautious and conscientious about my passwords and am comletely puxxled.

Thanks,
    Old Man in SC

:)

KSTinMB, May 4, 2020
  2. Winuser Win User

Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail

I had a notice from Comcast once that they noticed suspicious activity on my email account. I checked my online account and couldn't find anything wrong. I changed my pass word and haven't received any notices since.

Winuser, May 4, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 4, 2020
  4. torre Win User

Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail

Yes, it was email notification from Yahoo. I did not elect to have the phone contact verification. There was nothing to click on in the original message. It stated "We have noted suspicious activity in your account." It then listed safety procedures and preventative measures.

Since, I have corresponded by email with Yahoo Customer Care 2/3 times about this issue. Nothing seems questionable.

I have used Yahoo for 25 years, first issue, but then I am not as smart as David (post above).

torre, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Suspicious account activity - Similar Threads - Suspicious account activity

2. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  3. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  4. suspicious activity on google account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspicious activity on google account: i have 2fa on my google account, how is this possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-google-account/35222243-56fa-4e2a-b787-da037517e81f
  5. Suspicious disk activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious disk activity: I have no user applications open, and the resource monitor shows the system using my disk, which is doing a lot of seeks. The process I found was ksecdd.sys. Should it be using a lot of disk activity when the rest of the system is at rest? I tried disabling the ethernet...
  6. Suspicious disk activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious disk activity: I have no user applications open, and the resource monitor shows the system using my disk, which is doing a lot of seeks. The process I found was ksecdd.sys. Should it be using a lot of disk activity when the rest of the system is at rest? I tried disabling the ethernet...
  7. Suspicious Activity On My GMAIL Account Question

in Browsers and Email
    Suspicious Activity On My GMAIL Account Question: So earlier this morning while working with the same VPN (Private Internet Access) I have for years I logged out and switched to another server (Seattle, US) which I thought I had used before. Everything was good. Shut down when I was finished and now several hours later when...
  8. Suspicious Activity On My GMAIL Account Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Suspicious Activity On My GMAIL Account Question: So earlier this morning while working with the same VPN (Private Internet Access) I have for years I logged out and switched to another server (Seattle, US) which I thought I had used before. Everything was good. Shut down when I was finished and now several hours later when...
  9. Suspicious Activity

Suspicious Activity: Hey There, See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I googled Microsoft Tech Support called the number and they told me I would need a third party to fix the issue. They then...
  10. "Suspicious Activity" Popup?

"Suspicious Activity" Popup?: Hello, I received this popup : [img] Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft ? I doubt it, but I've been out of the loop on computer security matters for quite some time and cursory search about scam popups did not bring up anything looking this official. Had...