Windows 10: Suspicious account/group found on Windows

Discus and support Suspicious account/group found on Windows in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I found something that caught my eye earlier. It appears as though an account has been on my computer, and I was not aware of it. It seems to be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DavyJones, Mar 11, 2016.

1. DavyJones Win User

Suspicious account/group found on Windows

I found something that caught my eye earlier. It appears as though an account has been on my computer, and I was not aware of it. It seems to be deleted according to the red x on the icon, and when I checked under accounts, I couldn't find it. I did a Google search for the account name but nothing turned up. I would like to know if anyone else knows what could have made this suspicious account appear.
    Actually it looks more like a group, but whatever the case, I just hope it's nothing to be worried about. I've used software like teamviewer and have another account on the computer but I got sort of suspicious when I saw that there was another group (or account) on my PC. The account goes by the name gmpulbpg. Would remote access software like teamviewer create an account like this?

:)

DavyJones, Mar 11, 2016

2. Cannot Connect Gmail Account to Email App

I apologize I found a work around. I found that on Google Accounts Help, if you go to Suspicious Activity they include a link where you can give Google permission to allow email access with less secure apps.

JenniferPennington, Mar 11, 2016
  3. robinci2 Win User
    Win 10 - One Drive Mail Problems

For those who have upgraded to Win 10 you might want to check your mail contact groups. One Drive does not allow you to use mail contact groups. You cannot add to them or in fact you cannot even access the groups. However, I have found a way around this
    latest problems with One Drive and Win 10.

To access your mail contact groups and be able to add to the group or add new groups I have found this way to do it.

Open Start and click on Settings. When it come sup click on the Accounts Box. When this is open click on Manage My Account. Finally you will see View My Email. Open this and you will see your email as it appeared before the Win 10 Upgrade, or rather
    I beginning to believe Down Grade would be more appropriate title.

Here you should be able to access your mail contact groups, add groups and edit etc.

I have found that there is a limitation, if you had more then one email account it seems it will only allow you to open the main account which in my case was Windows Live Mail. Before in Win 8.1 you could sign in and out to switch email accounts. You
    cannot do this now so I had to build my groups from my other email account in the Windows Live Mail Account. I was fortunate, however, many of you may have several email accounts and not be able to access your mail contact groups.

Another fix that M.S. needs to get on. I cannot understand why they would release an upgrade with all these problems.

robinci2, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

It might help to mention what group or account it is....

Mystere, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Suspicious account/group found on Windows - Similar Threads - Suspicious account group

2. suspicious activity on google account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspicious activity on google account: i have 2fa on my google account, how is this possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-google-account/35222243-56fa-4e2a-b787-da037517e81f
  3. Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found: So I was just checking my files and then I found a new file in C drive called "WINDOWS". I never saw it before, and then I noticed it was created a few days ago. I clicked the file and it kinda looks legit. Did this file come with an Windows update or is it a malware, that's...
  4. Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found: So I was just checking my files and then I found a new file in C drive called "WINDOWS". I never saw it before, and then I noticed it was created a few days ago. I clicked the file and it kinda looks legit. Did this file come with an Windows update or is it a malware, that's...
  5. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  6. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  7. Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

Found highly suspicious software in Task manager: [IMG] So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate microsoft virus forum. So apologises if this is not the correct forum for this post. So I was searching through the...
  8. Suspicious account activity

Suspicious account activity: I rarely use my ages old hotmail account, but I do have it set up for POP access from my PC - Windows 10, with Outlook 2010, so it's is poked at least once a day. I received a notice of suspicious activity and when I checked the log, I found: Device/platform Windows...
  9. Found suspicious new user on my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Found suspicious new user on my computer: When I was signing in one day, I spotted a new user on my lock screen. I got rid of that user in settings, but another day it came back!! I started to get suspicious that my computer was infected but I got rid of that thought when I scanned my computer with Norton power...
  10. Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.: So today i logged into my laptop as usual after a long sleep,when i notice my CPU fan was spinning real fast then normal,so i open task manager and found two suspicious background apps taking up my CPU,when i opened file location,i don't remember installing these apps on my...