Windows 10: suspicious action was blocked

Discus and support suspicious action was blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My kaspersky total security 2016 just detected these(pls see attached file). There were about 82 of these yesterday August 21 but also I had that as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chito, Aug 21, 2016.

1. chito Win User

suspicious action was blocked

My kaspersky total security 2016 just detected these(pls see attached file). There were about 82 of these yesterday August 21 but also I had that as many on August 6 and July 31 or maybe even before that. Under 'action' there are many types (perform code injection, duplicate internal process handle, read memory from other processes, and access memory of other processes). I also had this on August 21(pls see attached file) this one is under 'detected objects'. I do not know what it is that is only the second time kaspersky detected that.

:)

chito, Aug 21, 2016
  2. Maghnuis Win User

Win10 pro, WaasMedic

McAfee found it suspicious. I had never heard of it. Now it is blocked.

Maghnuis, Aug 21, 2016
  3. DonB9 Win User
    Action Center tells me "The app was blocked from opening.....not compatible with Windows 10"....but does not identify the app to which they are referring. How do I get the name of the guilty app?

Notification that I have an app that is not compatible with Windows 10. I do not see any identification of the ap to which they are referring. How to identify the guilty app? Since I do not know the name of the app, I cannot pick a category as is required
    in the "App Category" box below. So I picked one at random

DonB9, Aug 21, 2016
  4. torre Win User

torre, Aug 23, 2016
  5. chito Win User
    In kaspersky forum they only allow 300kb of attachment file. I have 3 400kb of attachments ----- that is the reason why I did not continue posting on the kaspersky forum.

chito, Aug 23, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    I would scan the identified web address at virustotal.com and see how many detections it finds. That site may be compromised and attacking you through your Chrome browser.

Put a link to this thread in your Kaspersky thread so people can come here and see your screenshots.

That's about all I can suggest.

simrick, Aug 23, 2016
  7. torre Win User
    I have not used Kasperksy for about 2 years. But before they had a scan .exe file you could run on your system and then post it to the forum. Is this still available ?

Or it seems one of the Kaspersky mods or members could give you some info just based on the message. Surely, others may have seen a similar issue.

If not available and no info can be obtained from Virustotal (as suggested by simrick), suggest a System Restore and then another scan. Sometimes, if you are infected System Restore will not function. In that case, a Reset may be required (can still save your files).

Interesting case, please keep us updated.

torre, Aug 23, 2016
  8. Borg 386 Win User

To check all the processes currently running with VirusTotal:

D/L & run Sysinternals Process Explorer. This is a stand alone program, extract & click on the .exe to run it.

Process Explorer

When the program is running, go to Options/VirusTotal.com/Check VirusTotal.com & click. This will create another column, submit all the currently running processes to VirusTotal & show the results.

suspicious action was blocked [​IMG]

Also, with this program you will be able to better examine the aspects of the processes in question.

Borg 386, Aug 23, 2016
  9. chito Win User
    I am not much worried about the 'detected object(file) cannot be disinfected' because I already asked geeksquad.com about that problem and they said that is fine. Kaspersky is blocking the virus and not getting into my computer. I just want to know what it is because I have had that 'detected object(file) cannot be disinfected' only twice since I bought this computer ----- I think it was from the videos I watched in youtube. I watched those videos on youtube on aug 7 then I had this 'object detected then blocked' (pls see attached file) on aug 9. Also, kaspersky kept detecting those five objects under detected objects (see attached file). Geeksquad agents said my computer is fine. I just want to know why kaspersky is detecting them once or twice about once in a week since aug 9.

chito, Aug 23, 2016
  10. Hi:

I'm not sure that would the definitive expert opinion about one's computer security. <just sayin'>

I am a long-time KIS user and have never seen events like those in your screenshots. It's worrisome for some sort of infection.
    @simrick's suggestion about posting a link to this thread in your topic at KL forum is a good one.

Another suggestion -- if folks here are stumped -- would be to open a help desk ticket with KL tech support. They will be able to collect logs, traces and other data to help get to the bottom of your issue.

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. suspicious action was blocked - Similar Threads - suspicious action was

2. Your administrator has blocked this action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your administrator has blocked this action: I can't seem to find the way to solve itIt was all fine a few minutes ago when I opened the app, but when I reopen in, this happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-action/1abee58f-59b0-4287-91f3-a84715ed0425
  3. Your administrator has blocked this action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your administrator has blocked this action: I can't seem to find the way to solve itIt was all fine a few minutes ago when I opened the app, but when I reopen in, this happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-action/1abee58f-59b0-4287-91f3-a84715ed0425
  4. Actions being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions being blocked: I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I...
  5. C\windows\explorer.exe suspicious action was blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C\windows\explorer.exe suspicious action was blocked: When using kaspersky safe money with edge chromium browser for my banking account online.. C:\windows\explorer.exe is constantly trying to read memory and Kaspersky keeps blocking it so my computer start to make noise and CPU is very high .. Is there any option to disable...
  6. Microsoft Suspicious Connection Blocked

Microsoft Suspicious Connection Blocked: Hi, My anti virus software threw up the following: Suspicious connection blocked 15 hours ago Feature: Online Threat Prevention MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the...
  7. Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10)

Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10): Hi Although all my Windows 10 Updates are 'up-to-date', I'm not sure if those Updates include the Windows Redstone 5 Update which (among other things) was suppose to have an 'optional' Security Setting that Users could switch on called: Block Suspicious Behaviors. I've...
  8. Action center slider is blocked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center slider is blocked?: In Settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/action-center-slider-is-blocked/02e38d9c-0589-4b47-ae2d-174544cf1b9c
  9. Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious: Google chrome blocking file-downloads it deems as suspicious tried downloading irfanview from the irfanview website, but chrome blocks it. is there a way of getting round this, a registry hack perhaps thanks Google the ' internet Police ' LOL 28161
  10. Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, you can enable a new protection setting, Block suspicious behaviors, which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suspicious action was blocked kaspersky

2. action blocked by windows security

3. kaspersky suspicious action blocked