Windows 10: Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool.

Discus and support Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on a Dell XPS Laptop. I have been using Norton 360 for virus protection, in addition to using the Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SI74, Nov 15, 2020.

1. SI74 Win User

Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool.

Hi there,

I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on a Dell XPS Laptop. I have been using Norton 360 for virus protection, in addition to using the Windows Defender and Malware Removal Tool.

Norton recently began blocking suspected Trojan activity as of late October. Although the virus was supposedly quarantined, Norton has continued to block attempted outgoing traffic.

I've run Norton, MalwareBytes, Windows Defender, and Windows MRT, and found nothing at all.

Here's the weird thing - when I ran MRT in airplane mode, and with my router unplugged, there was a "pop-up" that indicated MRT was supposedly downloading, and had successfully downloaded, a file. I took a screenshot of this, which really provides no meaningful info other than the time of the "download." 3:50 PM.

MRT found nothing; however, when I look at the file properties, they say that the file was last modified at 3:51PM.

I don't know a great deal about computers; however, I have two major questions:

1 How can Windows MRT successfully download a file without network access which I'm assuming, it can't?

2 Is it possible that I have a malware file on my system that is successfully modifying the MRT, so that it is unable to find the malware? Like I said no app has found anything further on my system - but I find this behaviour very weird.

:)

Thema:

Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool.

1. Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool. - Similar Threads - Suspicious activity Malware

2. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  3. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  4. MS Malware removal tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Malware removal tool: Hello, On the site "MS Malware removal tool", there is a new tool version 5.87 4 days ago, but the downloaded file is an old version "Windows-KB890830-x64-V5.86.exe". Unreliable site. Where is the new version? Answers will be appreciated. Thanks Motim...
  5. Malware Removal Tools

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Removal Tools: Once monthly at patch tuesday. In May20, a notice that they will in future be quarterly. Which would put the next one in August. This month, right now. And there is not a hair of it in sight. Has the policy changed?? Is this once essential feature now dead like a dodo, or is...
  6. Suspicious account activity

Suspicious account activity: I rarely use my ages old hotmail account, but I do have it set up for POP access from my PC - Windows 10, with Outlook 2010, so it's is poked at least once a day. I received a notice of suspicious activity and when I checked the log, I found: Device/platform Windows...
  7. Where is the monthly Malware Removal tool?

Where is the monthly Malware Removal tool?: I need the monthly malware program to run. am under attack now by some outfit claiming to be Microsoft at phone number 1-848-206-xxxx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/where-is-the-monthly-malware-removal-tool/4e73e847-2082-4759-b501-c4d6a51516ca
  8. Microsoft Malicious Malware Removal Tool needed ?

Microsoft Malicious Malware Removal Tool needed ?: There seems to be a difference of opinion amongst Moderators over the need for The Malicious Malware Removal Tool. We know Free Malwarebytes is good but it is only a call upon Scanner when needed, usually to remove PUPs. Although Windows Security can be set now to do that....
  9. Suspicious Activity

Suspicious Activity: Hey There, See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I googled Microsoft Tech Support called the number and they told me I would need a third party to fix the issue. They then...
  10. Malware removal tool?

Malware removal tool?: Altho Windows Defender detects and removes a virus threat scam, it comes right back every time I log into my financial sites thereafter -- multiple times a day! What is being removed? Is there an application or tool that digs deeper and not only removes the virus but actually...