Windows 10: Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail

Discus and support Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Received notice from Yahoo that one of my accts was noted to have suspicious activity. Per contact with Yahoo, this can be caused by sending... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by torre, Feb 6, 2016.

1. torre Win User

Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail

Received notice from Yahoo that one of my accts was noted to have suspicious activity.

Per contact with Yahoo, this can be caused by sending multiple emails or the acct may have been hacked and someone is using the address to send emails.

This acct is never used to send emails. I use it primarily to receive emails from about 4 well-known, notable merchants/organizations. I reviewed the acct and the only thing suspicious was several (approx. 10) Messenger addresses had been blocked. I have not used Yahoo Messenger in over 5 years, and then with only 2 people, none of whose addresses were blocked.

Anyone experienced the same ? How serious is the concern ? I did change the password and I am contemplating deleting the acct as it is not really needed.

:)

torre, Feb 6, 2016
  2. MR_2727 Win User

Unable to remove Yahoo mail account on Windows 10.

Thanks but I do not sync. I only have a laptop and prefer keeping my e mail accounts separate.

WINS apps troubleshooter cannot be found on my laptop.

The Mail & Calendar Apps - no help.

I do not have or use MS Office. Yes, I know about the free install.

Finally able to log into my hotmail after getting numerous suspicious activity alerts. When I finally logged in (took nearly a week!), I immediately changed my password and went thru all the security suggestions. I still see suspicious activity for an old
    yahoo e mail account I deleted about a month ago and it has a request for MS to send me a code.

I even did a net search on my old yahoo e mail - it was not found - no surprise as I had deleted it.

I consider it a small miracle that I am now able to log into my hotmail account.

MR_2727, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Cannot use Google or Yahoo after upgrading to Windows 10

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 and I found that I could no longer use Google or Yahoo. When trying to load Google or Yahoo in both Edge and Firefox I get a Secure Connection Failed (in Firefox) or We can't reach this page (in Edge). Strangely, connecting
    to Gmail and Yahoo Mail (using the mail.x.com URL) works perfectly fine and Bing works suspiciously well. Both Yahoo and Google are said to be up right now and I didn't have this problem before I upgraded with Windows 7. Is there any way to fix this or am
    I stuck with Bing?

The Rarest Pepe, Feb 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi. I've not had this problem, and I do use Yahoo mail on occasion, but I have several friends who use Yahoo on a regular basis, and some have indeed been hacked. Yahoo seems to be getting hacked now, almost as often as AOL. Changing the password should do the trick. Might want to change it on a regular basis.

simrick, Feb 6, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Wonder what is the "draw" that induces people to use Y!Mail ?
    I never can figure out.
    I would rather use outlook.com over Yahoo. But that's just me.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Maybe it's a easy site to hack.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  7. CmmTch Win User
    I've been using Yahoo webmail for years without any problems on my end, Yahoo regularly has problems with the comment portion of Yahoo news. Sometimes (not very often) when I bring up the email I get a message about a server problem, please try again later, I try again immediately and it comes up.

There was nothing that drew me to use Yahoo mail other than it comes with my ISP. For me there's been no issue.

CmmTch, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

What do you mean by "received notice"? Was it an email? If so, are you certain it actually came from yahoo, and isn't a phishing attempt?

Mystere, Feb 7, 2016
  9. CmmTch Win User
    Agree completely Mystere, I had forgotten to add in my post I've never received anything from Yahoo regarding my account, I'd be highly suspicious and probably delete it. Certainly wouldn't be clicking on anything within the email.

CmmTch, Feb 7, 2016
  10. torre Win User
    Yes, it was email notification from Yahoo. I did not elect to have the phone contact verification. There was nothing to click on in the original message. It stated "We have noted suspicious activity in your account." It then listed safety procedures and preventative measures.

Since, I have corresponded by email with Yahoo Customer Care 2/3 times about this issue. Nothing seems questionable.

I have used Yahoo for 25 years, first issue, but then I am not as smart as David (post above).

torre, Feb 7, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I had a notice from Comcast once that they noticed suspicious activity on my email account. I checked my online account and couldn't find anything wrong. I changed my pass word and haven't received any notices since.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    You should always pay close attention to the sender's email address and check if it matches at all. Sometimes bogus addresses can miss spell the address or spoof it with just the beginning changed.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail - Similar Threads - Suspicious Activity Yahoo

2. Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail: i have been using a contact list for months in Yahoo mail, now i can't email to it. I can edit it but won't pull up if i put under BC. I can email directly from the contact list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/0fd70908-ca79-413c-970f-a10ebcca79ab
  3. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  4. Yahoo mail

Yahoo mail: Hello I have a windows server 2109 with active directory I want to prevent user to access there personal mail account using gpo I can do this for Gmail but I want to do this for Yahoo and other mail's servers so did it possible to do in gpo that Yahoo user can't login with...
  5. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail: When i try to update my out of date yahoo settings, i end up with a message ' something went wrong. We're sorry but we weren't able to do that .Error code Ox8019019aAny ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/5d276c33-f3ee-422f-8dca-fb4bb7bd269d
  7. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  8. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  9. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  10. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832