Windows 10: Suspicious Activity

Discus and support Suspicious Activity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey There, See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by granitejohnston, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Suspicious Activity

Hey There,

See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I googled Microsoft Tech Support called the number and they told me I would need a third party to fix the issue. They then provided me with the details of PW US Connect Solutions who charged me the following fee below. They installed “Webroot” anti-virus software on my Dell Laptop & Surface Pro and performed clean ups of the devices. I have used their service 2 times to clean & speed up my computers including a iMac I have.

Yesterday, a technician called claiming to be from PW US Connect Solutions saying that there had been suspicious activity on my Network and that there had been someone trying to hack my network. I did share my screen with them and they tried to show me that someone was trying to hack my ip address, They said they could protect my computers for Basic fix of $495 and Premium fix of $1,445 to protect my business.

I did not accept their offer and called Apple who said my iMac was not showing any suspicious software.

Tonight when I opened up my Dell Laptop (new device) there was what appeared to code running down 1 side of the screen, I have never seen this before.

I talked at length with the O365 team with no resolution, can you help check there is nothing dodgy on my computers?

Dear Mr,

Thank you for choosing PW US Connect Solution

For the amount of $500.00 USD Paid on 06/29/2017, You still have one and half years of support and security.

* Servicing/Tune-ups (System servicing so that the system provides you with optimal performance).

* Problems/Issues Resolution (any kind of computer related problems).

* Any kind of software which stops working for you given the condition if you have the product key for the same.

This service also includes for support related to these generic situations:--

* No boot {wherein the computer fails to boot properly, even if it requires us to re-install the O/S we will provide you over the phone support to re-install the O/S , trying our level best to save the data on the computer and if the data could not be saved we will first seek permission from you before proceeding}

* No Internet situation {given the condition the internet is working from the internet service provider's end and the bills have been paid}

* Virus removal

* Firewall related issues

* Drivers related issues.

* We will remove Unwanted Files as part of Fix

* Routine Checkup of Devices & Network Health

* Includes Optimizing of PC Speed

* Dealing with Network Channel interference.

* We warranty our services only, not the product that you have bought from a manufacturer.

Extended Support for system peripheral devices:--

If you are facing problems related to syncing any of your peripheral devices like:--

Printers, Camera, DVD Player, Smart TV, I Phone, I Pad, Smartphone's.

We will help you sync the devices.

Even if you are facing an issue related to hardware we will still provide you the support thinking that it is a software issue, until the point it is established as a hardware issue so that we can pinpoint to you which hardware device is causing the problem and recommend you to purchase the best for your PC, laptop.

The support subscription is Transferable during the tenure of your service.

Whenever you need assistance feel free to call us at 1-800-794-4031 or E-mail us at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Customer ID- 45552

Regards,

Jenny Schmitz

Customer Services Department

PW US Connect Solution

Note :PW US Connect Solution do not call customers asking for Financial or Personal details, neither will ask for the remote access of your computer until you have requested a call back at a specific time.

:)

granitejohnston, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Winuser Win User

Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail

I had a notice from Comcast once that they noticed suspicious activity on my email account. I checked my online account and couldn't find anything wrong. I changed my pass word and haven't received any notices since.

Winuser, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Magic Puzzles suspicious crash

Hi Maggie,

Microsoft never pro-actively encourages customers to contact certain numbers for assistance with "technical issues". The messages you are receiving are consistent with fraudulent activities that may harm your property.

If you are referring to Magic Jigsaw Puzzles app that was developed by
    ZiMAD, we suggest you report the app immediately. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open this link.
      You may open it through Microsoft Store or through a browser.

• Scroll down, sign in, and report the app.

Lastly, we suggest you refrain from contacting or downloading anything related to the messages you are receiving.

Jairit Bet, Apr 10, 2019
  4. torre Win User

Suspicious Activity

Suspicious Activity - Yahoo Mail

Yes, it was email notification from Yahoo. I did not elect to have the phone contact verification. There was nothing to click on in the original message. It stated "We have noted suspicious activity in your account." It then listed safety procedures and preventative measures.

Since, I have corresponded by email with Yahoo Customer Care 2/3 times about this issue. Nothing seems questionable.

I have used Yahoo for 25 years, first issue, but then I am not as smart as David (post above).

torre, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious Activity

1. Suspicious Activity - Similar Threads - Suspicious Activity

2. Suspicious activity on behalf of my email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on behalf of my email: I received a message from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is written in russian language and it says my "password has been changed" at least google translated "Ваш пароль изменен" to thisThe strange part is microsoft says, that there is no account associated with...
  3. Suspicious activity on behalf of my email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on behalf of my email: I received a message from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is written in russian language and it says my "password has been changed" at least google translated "Ваш пароль изменен" to thisThe strange part is microsoft says, that there is no account associated with...
  4. Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding my Microsoft account, as I have been experiencing a concerning pattern of unsuccessful login attempts and suspicious activity.Over the past few days, there have been...
  5. Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account

Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding my Microsoft account, as I have been experiencing a concerning pattern of unsuccessful login attempts and suspicious activity.Over the past few days, there have been...
  6. Windows Defender has temporarily shut down my computer. Suspicious activity from Facebook....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender has temporarily shut down my computer. Suspicious activity from Facebook....: Windows Defender has temporarily disabled my computer from suspicious activity from Facebook. What phone number do I call? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-has-temporarily-shut-down-my/c9f224c3-cd15-4a0c-a380-ee827655b724
  7. Windows Defender has temporarily shut down my computer. Suspicious activity from Facebook....

Windows Defender has temporarily shut down my computer. Suspicious activity from Facebook....: Windows Defender has temporarily disabled my computer from suspicious activity from Facebook. What phone number do I call? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-has-temporarily-shut-down-my/c9f224c3-cd15-4a0c-a380-ee827655b724
  8. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  9. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  10. I have school account and they banned it because of suspicious activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have school account and they banned it because of suspicious activity: I have school account and they banned it because of suspicious activity.And i cant log into teams, power point, word and etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-school-account-and-they-banned-it-because/a876bbae-4489-4126-8231-0e95df2c402b