Windows 10: Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

Discus and support Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, this problem has been going on for a while now. Theres a suspicious application that constantly keeps opening up by itself called Blanking. This... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fortgrapess, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

Hi, this problem has been going on for a while now. Theres a suspicious application that constantly keeps opening up by itself called Blanking. This suspicious application starts playing audio advertisements and multiplies on my laptop. Any way I can stop it from happening once and for all?

:)

Fortgrapess, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

Suspicious activity pop up on personal computer

That’s a tech support scam. PSA: Tech Support Scams Pop-Ups on the Rise - Malwarebytes Labs

How about disabling that "SYSTEM ERROR WARNING" link in your post?

Have you sought assistance from your antimalware provider (Avast, AVG, Avira, McAfee, Norton, etc)?

Try using the Task Manager to close your browser: How
    to Use the New Task Manager in Windows 8 or 10

See How to stop unwanted pop-ups or homepage changes in Chrome, and How
    to reset Google Chrome settings

If your issue continues see this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com: How to remove Tech Support Scam Pop-ups from Browser (Guide)

You may not need to scan with Hitman Pro (available in trial version if you do need to use it). If scanning with AdwCleaner (step 1) and Malwarebytes Free (step 3) does not resolve your issue, you may need to reset your browsers
    as suggested in step 5.

Regards…

Le Boule, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

Driver Support.exe-application error.

Its a drive by download that somehow got on your system pretending to be software that keeps your hardware drivers updated. Its malicious. Press Windows key + X Click Task Manager Go to the Startup tab then select any entries for Driver Support then click
    Disable It might try to hide itself and appear as unknown. Look through the list carefully for any suspicious applications. If you are not sure, disable them all. Next step is to scan your computer. Follow the steps as described in the following article: How to Clean a Virus Infected Windows 10 PC

Andre Da Costa, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

1. Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager - Similar Threads - Suspicious Application Keeps

2. task manager will not pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager will not pop up: on win 11, just realized todaySourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2023 4:46 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: taskmgr.exeApplication Version:...
  3. task manager will not pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager will not pop up: on win 11, just realized todaySourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2023 4:46 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: taskmgr.exeApplication Version:...
  4. Why Suspicious webpages are popping up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Suspicious webpages are popping up?: Hi, I am Pratyush I recently downloaded something that had installed an adware. Both Windows Security and Avast Say that there is no malware but Sometimes when I click somewhere on a webpage on Chrome, even on Completely safe sites like YouTube, suspicious webpages pop up....
  5. Applications keep popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications keep popping up on my screen: About a week ago, Cortana kept popping up on my screen and telling me she couldn't understand me. I would close it and it would pop up again. I finally figured out how to disable Cortana. However, the problem really didn't go away. Another application then started popping...
  6. Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

Found highly suspicious software in Task manager: [IMG] So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate microsoft virus forum. So apologises if this is not the correct forum for this post. So I was searching through the...
  7. Suspicious activity in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suspicious activity in task manager: Im not sure if im being paranoid but some services take up alot of cpu usage sometimes such as remote procedure call and wsappx, ive noticed apps that i didnt open being open in the task manager but i cant see them on screen. submitted by /u/ImNotAReptileISwear [link]...
  8. Suspicious pop-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspicious pop-up: Info: Name smart agent icon:[ATTACH] app:[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-pop-up/59d607bb-57a1-4bc5-82d1-1d9a8b476c11
  9. Task Manager Pop-Up Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Pop-Up Error: From a client of mine: I keep getting a message that comes up on my screen and I don’t know how to get rid of it- “C:Windows\system32\taskmanager.exe Operation returned because the timeout period expired.” I can’t get into task manager either. I verified is looks like a...
  10. Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop

Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop: Hi, I noticed suspicious pop-up on my desktop. Screenshot attached.[ATTACH] Can you please help me yo understand what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-pop-up-message-on-desktop/03cc7c4f-9c45-4d23-849d-37e3ee0b76ad"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Task Manager start keeps poppin up virus

2. applications keep popping up on killer prioritization

3. why am i getting a microsoft connection manager monitor profile popping up?

4. window keeps popping up in front of task manager,
  5. applications keep popping up in task manager,
  6. backdoor.exe keeps popping on my task manager