Windows 10: suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.

Discus and support suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've the same question that a user asked last year ;When I boot up Win 10, a cmd prompt window opens from sys32 I I'm almost 100% positive my small... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimscape66, Sep 15, 2018.

1. suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.

I've the same question that a user asked last year ;When I boot up Win 10, a cmd prompt window opens from sys32 I I'm almost 100% positive my small NAS using DNS for steaming etc has left my open via many security holes ( I've had the same issue using Linux as well) I believe the legacy WD media hub is the weak spot. The cmd prompt is small & disappears quickly, there's no error per se. C:\\Windows\dsregcmdI'm pretty sure my system has been hacked to use the extra bandwidth that I pay for.

I've tried Linux, Win8.1 the only thing I haven't done is take out the WDLiveMediaHub which is 8!years old. I'm pretty sure with the proper setup I could fix this.

Thanks

James Sherlock

:)

jimscape66, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Reldel Win User

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10. [​IMG]

suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10. [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Sewsyq Win User
    Suspicious behavior

My Internet Security software has logged the following as Suspicious Behavior:

"LRIO is trying to launch C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe, or use another program to gain access too privileged resources"

Is this ok or is it something malicious?

Sewsyq, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Sewsyq Win User

suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.

Suspicious behavior

My Internet Security software has logged the following as Suspicious Behavior:

"LRIO is trying to launch C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe, or use another program to gain access too privileged resources"

Is this ok or is it something malicious?

Sewsyq, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.

1. suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10. - Similar Threads - suspicious behavior very

2. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  3. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  4. Very suspicious program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very suspicious program: For about a year and half, There's been this program that only shows on task manager, and you cannot quit. On task manager, it shows up as "MediumBlueIT" and when i expand it, it shows an exe called "OakomsOystershadePIn addition, there is absolutely NOTHING relating to this...
  5. Windows 10 very buggy behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very buggy behavior: Hi. Recently my windows is doing weird things. Like random blue screens at least twice a day,explorer freaking out for no apparent reason, programs randomly turning off,weird beeping when i turn on steam games. I know reinstalling OS might help but it'sfresh install and I'm...
  6. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

in Windows 10 Customization
    very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  7. Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10)

Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10): Hi Although all my Windows 10 Updates are 'up-to-date', I'm not sure if those Updates include the Windows Redstone 5 Update which (among other things) was suppose to have an 'optional' Security Setting that Users could switch on called: Block Suspicious Behaviors. I've...
  8. small home network. How to with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    small home network. How to with Windows 10?: Bought computers 6/2018 thought it would be easy to set up my home network like it was in Windows 7, wow was I wrong. Any help or direction towards "how to" would be great!...
  9. Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10

Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10: I have been getting a strange popup for update without any update about what it's about. It also want's to install Yahoo search It has happened few times so far and I am unable to figure out which program is it related to. I used process explorer and to find out that...
  10. Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, you can enable a new protection setting, Block suspicious behaviors, which...