Windows 10: Suspicious behaviour regarding vmware workstation on win10 vs win7

Discus and support Suspicious behaviour regarding vmware workstation on win10 vs win7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are in process of migrating from win7 to win10.. our day-to-day work, involving using VMWare Workstation with a security product (DLP) to protect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by haemhdnay, Dec 17, 2019.

1. haemhdnay Win User

Suspicious behaviour regarding vmware workstation on win10 vs win7

We are in process of migrating from win7 to win10..

our day-to-day work, involving using VMWare Workstation with a security product (DLP) to protect data from leaking through VMWare Workstation.

The way the DLP works -in this context- is to prevent the sensitive data from going through these two executables related to VMWare:

1- vmware.exe

2- vmware-vmx.exe

The normal scenario is that any file copied from the host machine to the guest machine, will go through "vmware-vmx.exe" executable. But for the exact same version of VMWare workstation installed on Windows 10, this is not what it happens at all!

I figure that when I traced it via ProcessMonitor (Windows Sysinternals)

Now what is happening under the hood when copying a file from host to guest in Windows 10 or even 8.1 because it seems like something changed which causes this issue.

I hope I made my self clear about this problem. If you need more clarification just ask.

:)

haemhdnay, Dec 17, 2019
  2. PKMishra Win User

Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Dec 17, 2019
  3. BlueScreen when shutting down a VMWare Workstation OS

Consistently receiving a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen when shutting down a vmware workstation OS (in this case a windows 7 OS).

Was running on VMWare workstation 10, upgraded to 11 but am still experiencing this behaviour.

Side effect of this is that the virtual machine will get destroyed and is not rebootable on a restart, I have to revert to a complete backup of the virtual machine.

Attached the dump file generated by the tool?

Any suggestions?

duaneedwards, Dec 17, 2019
  4. PaulBosio Win User

PaulBosio, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Suspicious behaviour regarding vmware workstation on win10 vs win7 - Similar Threads - Suspicious behaviour regarding

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Win10 vs Win7 performance ?!?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 vs Win7 performance ?!?!: so today I run a benchmark and here are the results . Windows 7 home premium 64 bit [ATTACH] Windows 10 professional 64 bit [ATTACH] there is anyone who lost overall performance with windows 10?...
  4. Suspicious behaviour regarding vmware workstation on win10 vs win7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suspicious behaviour regarding vmware workstation on win10 vs win7: ** I am asking this question everywhere and couldn't get an answer till now :/ .. hope any expert could help me*\* We are in process of migrating from win7 to win10.. our day-to-day work, involving using VMWare Workstation with a security product (DLP) to protect data from...
  5. Hyper-V vs VMWare Workstation pains

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V vs VMWare Workstation pains: I have used Hyper-V in the past on Server 2008 some years back and typically used rdp from another machine to access the VM's. I have a lot more experience over the years using VMWare Workstation (ESX too) as well as VirtualBox. I thought I would give Hyper-V another go...
  6. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  7. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  8. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  9. start button behavior win7 vs. win10

in Windows 10 Support
    start button behavior win7 vs. win10: in win7, pushing the start button and typing would bring up (immediately) a list of hits among the installed programs. in win10, doing the above retrieves search results from the internet (with some latency), and only then brings up any installed programs (with even more...
  10. A query regarding Win7 upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A query regarding Win7 upgrade to Win10: Thanks to reading the various messages on this excellent forum I've cleared up some initial queries. I'm one of those folk who availed of the free upgrade to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Reassuredly I've read on here that doing a clean install of Win10 from a downloaded ISO (I'll...