Windows 10: Suspicious blue restart and update popup

Discus and support Suspicious blue restart and update popup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am seeing a popup instructing me to restart and update now to maintain windows support. I have restarted since and there was no update, so I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jo LynneLockley, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Suspicious blue restart and update popup

I am seeing a popup instructing me to restart and update now to maintain windows support. I have restarted since and there was no update, so I don't think it is from Microsoft, It is on blue background and does not show the Microsoft logo.

Any thoughts appreciated.

:)

Jo LynneLockley, Aug 9, 2019
  2. takias Win User

Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10

I have been getting a strange popup for update without any update about what it's about.
    It also want's to install Yahoo search

It has happened few times so far and I am unable to figure out which program is it related to.

I used process explorer and to find out that it's mshta.exe - but not anything more than that.

Could anyone suggest what it could be?

I am attaching a screenshot for your reference

Suspicious blue restart and update popup [​IMG]

takias, Aug 9, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10

You're welcome Suspicious blue restart and update popup :)

I meant Windows defender offline scan. You can access it under Settings / Updates and security / Windows defender... at the bottom of the page.

Suspicious blue restart and update popup [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 9, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Suspicious blue restart and update popup

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Suspicious blue restart and update popup :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious blue restart and update popup

1. Suspicious blue restart and update popup - Similar Threads - Suspicious blue restart

2. Suspicious update dialogue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious update dialogue: Hi all,All 6 machines at my workplace received this popup today. The formatting and grammar is suspicious, has anyone ever seen this before? It doesn't appear to be from Windows or Microsoft. There was a cumulative update pushed out today so but I advised my team not to click...
  3. Suspicious Update

Suspicious Update: I have been getting the attached screen for a few months. My computer has been to the Geek Squad twice for malware and hacks but this screen keeps coming up. Feeling that it is a spam, I click control/alt/delete, with the curser go to sign out. Most of the times I do not have...
  4. Suspicious Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious Update: I have been getting the attached screen for a few months. My computer has been to the Geek Squad twice for malware and hacks but this screen keeps coming up. Feeling that it is a spam, I click control/alt/delete, with the curser go to sign out. Most of the times I do not have...
  5. Suspicious Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Suspicious Windows Restart message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious Windows Restart message: The following pops up when I start my computer. The font looks dated, and doesn't even reference 'what' changes it will 'apply'.The icon to the left in the task bar is linked to the pop-up, Please advise!thank you...
  7. Suspicious Windows Restart message

Suspicious Windows Restart message: The following pops up when I start my computer. The font looks dated, and doesn't even reference 'what' changes it will 'apply'.The icon to the left in the task bar is linked to the pop-up, Please advise!thank you...
  8. Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very suspicious update popups on Windows 10: I have been getting a strange popup for update without any update about what it's about. It also want's to install Yahoo search It has happened few times so far and I am unable to figure out which program is it related to. I used process explorer and to find out that...
  9. "Suspicious Activity" Popup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Suspicious Activity" Popup?: Hello, I received this popup : [img] Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft ? I doubt it, but I've been out of the loop on computer security matters for quite some time and cursory search about scam popups did not bring up anything looking this official. Had...
  10. Suspicious update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suspicious update: Anyone have any knowledge on this update? KB3016656? I see this in the "Installed Updates" but not in Windows update history. Googling comes up with several inaccessible links to a Chinese facebook page. I wonder if others have it, and what is its purpose. P.S....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is Restart and update to stay in support a hoax?

2. is it saFE to update and restart WINDOWS 10