Windows 10: suspicious email

Discus and support suspicious email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to find out if an email I received is really from ms. Have sent in form, redid password. Anything else I can do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryWhitten28, Aug 7, 2019.

1. suspicious email

Trying to find out if an email I received is really from ms. Have sent in form, redid password. Anything else I can do?

:)

MaryWhitten28, Aug 7, 2019

2. recieved a suspicious email

could someone please inform me if this email is legit.

the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected suspicious log in

the email said "We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app."

To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you secure your account. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was
    yours.

is this legit or some sort of hoax email tring to get my personal details ?

robertdamen, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Dave Land Win User
    Suspicious "Welcome to Windows 10" email?

Hello,

I came to his page after receiving the same suspicious email.

I had written a reply asking you to confirm whether the suspicious email originated with Microsoft.

I just received another, correct email, admitting that an error at Microsoft led to the suspicious email.

Thank you

Dave Land, Aug 7, 2019
  4. suspicious email

suspicious email

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice on my thread very good solutions. My decision is I am just go to Microsoft account page and check if I do need storage or not. I don't know if email was fake or not I'm just to darn suspicious lately. The email
    said that not all my email was sent to your account. I'll take care of stuff with windows officially. Thanks

pmello1971, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

suspicious email

1. suspicious email - Similar Threads - suspicious email

2. CPU and MEMORY in task manager pumps 100% for no reason even AV can't find anything suspicious.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU and MEMORY in task manager pumps 100% for no reason even AV can't find anything suspicious.: My pc shows 100% efficiency has been used when I open task manager but I've not opened any applications yet. Disk spikes upto 100% without a reason.. I can see CPU , MEMORY and DISK spikes 100% one after another when I've not launched any other apps yet. I'm made it to...
  3. Suspicious blue restart and update popup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspicious blue restart and update popup: I am seeing a popup instructing me to restart and update now to maintain windows support. I have restarted since and there was no update, so I don't think it is from Microsoft, It is on blue background and does not show the Microsoft logo. Any thoughts appreciated....
  4. Suspicious Scams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Scams: I've received calls at least twice a month from someone pretending to be from Microsoft Windows Defender Refund Department. They claim that I have paid $299.99 for security software and they can no longer provided security for my computer. They want to refund me the money,...
  5. I got two suspicious emails today

I got two suspicious emails today: Hi there, I got two suspicious emails today. Both on the email address I use for my microsoft account. The first was one that only had "Your verification code is: XXXXXX.[IMG]" from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The second had a message that started with "...
  6. New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension: Chrome was built with security in mind from the very beginning. Today we're launching two new features to help protect users from deceptive websites. The Suspicious Site Reporter Extension will improve security for Chrome users by giving power users an easy way to report...
  7. Suspicious Microsoft Store Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious Microsoft Store Applications: I would like to report this issue about an application in Microsoft Store that is not working properly which I already uninstalled. After the installation, I quickly launched the application to test it, it crashed on the first startup. At startup, it requests for a 5-star...
  8. recieved a suspicious email

recieved a suspicious email: could someone please inform me if this email is legit. the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected suspicious log in the email said "We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account *** Email...
  9. Where do I send spam to for suspicious emails

Where do I send spam to for suspicious emails: I just received an email stating that my email account has been changed. It won't let me copy and paste the senders address, but it looks pretty nasty....
  10. Suspicious email received from an Outlook account

Suspicious email received from an Outlook account: I received a suspicious email that appears to have been sent from an Outlook account. Here's the full header -- is there any way to determine the genuine originating IP address or any other information to unmask the identity of the person(s) who sent this? (I've redacted my...