Windows 10: Suspicious entries in Hosts file

Discus and support Suspicious entries in Hosts file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i am here today because I have found some things that I believe are malware. They are in my hosts file. [ATTACH] I am sure that there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EnochHayford1, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Suspicious entries in Hosts file

Hi, i am here today because I have found some things that I believe are malware. They are in my hosts file.

Suspicious entries in Hosts file 2154db6f-dfa6-4dd3-bb83-e91e85f8fb7b?upload=true.jpg

I am sure that there is something wrong but is it safe to delete everything? Please get back to me

:)

EnochHayford1, Nov 16, 2019

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 16, 2019
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Hosts file editing

OSX has a hosts file yes, unfortunately i dont know its location

this system sounds ghetto though, hosts/dns entries should be controlled at the router level unless this is for the clients to be able to use it all over the place (not in the same building/internet pipe)

what are the IE settings for?

kn00tcn, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Suspicious entries in Hosts file

Hosts file editing

Mac is Unix based so it's in /etc/hosts

freaksavior, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious entries in Hosts file

1. Suspicious entries in Hosts file - Similar Threads - Suspicious entries Hosts

2. Windows 2019 Server Host file Entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2019 Server Host file Entry: Am trying to modify the hosts file with cmd having administrator rights retruns non-zero errorlevel in Windows 2019. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2019-server-host-file-entry/118da111-664b-42b6-b858-dca109614cbc
  3. Windows 2019 Server Host file Entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2019 Server Host file Entry: Am trying to modify the hosts file with cmd having administrator rights retruns non-zero errorlevel in Windows 2019. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2019-server-host-file-entry/118da111-664b-42b6-b858-dca109614cbc
  4. Windows 2019 Server Host file Entry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Suspicious entries in dns cache

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious entries in dns cache: I've spotted some suspicious entries in the dns cache. The domains seem to be of chinese origin and they have been reported by some as malware. I've run anti-malware programs, flushed the dns cache, changed the preferred dns, restarted my computer and so on, but they are...
  6. Suspicious entries in dns cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious entries in dns cache: I've spotted some suspicious entries in the dns cache. The domains seem to be of chinese origin and they have been reported by some as malware. I've run anti-malware programs, flushed the dns cache, changed the preferred dns, restarted my computer and so on, but they are...
  7. DNS Cache Suspicious Entries

DNS Cache Suspicious Entries: Hello, I have a DNS entry which never goes away even after flushing it multiple times and restarting the machine. I would like to know if there is a way to identify which program/application is constantly trying to access the network so that I can remove this suspicious...
  8. Suspicious Registry Entry. Should I remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Registry Entry. Should I remove it?: Hi! Recently, I was tricked into installing a dubious Android emulator called GameLoop. I find it dubious because when it was running, it registered a service that has an string of Asian characters as a name I think Chinese. I just do not like to have any service I don't know...
  9. suspicious file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suspicious file: .usr_app_ncr.dat this file is located in c:/ user/documents should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-file/5c672176-5745-499d-b6d7-9c7dc7e47516
  10. Host file has strange characters. I can't add a host entry?

Host file has strange characters. I can't add a host entry?: I was trying to enter a new host file on one of our remote user’s laptop and when I went to open the file it showed a bunch of Chinese symbols and wouldn’t let me do anything with it? I tried deleting it and then tried to build a new host file from scratch and the same thing...