Windows 10: Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive

Discus and support Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was going through my D: drive which is where I install all of my games and I noticed two folders named System and System64. Both were last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nitrousoxide_N2O, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive

So I was going through my D: drive which is where I install all of my games and I noticed two folders named System and System64. Both were last modified 6/10/2020. All the files within System64 were last modified and created on 6/9/2016 and all the files within System were last modified and created on 10/5/2013. All of the files are signed by "Microsoft Corporation" with sha1 and sha256 at the same dates that they were created. All virus scans turn up negative. The names System and System64 are really tripping me up. Is this something I should be concerned about at all?

submitted by /u/Nitrousoxide_N2O
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nitrousoxide_N2O, Jul 23, 2020
  2. gs99 Win User

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

3. dianaΤ Win User
    my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

my d drive is the same folder as my downloads folder and the important things I have in my d drive are now in the same place as my downloads and it's bad because sometimes I almost remove things that are important because I forget that my d drive and downloads
    folder are the same. Like I have a bunch of folders there that I've almost deleted numerous of times because I think im in the downloads folder and that it's just a copy of the original folder and then I remember that I'm on the actual drive. And it's really
    hard to clean out my stuff because I don't know what is what. Like sometimes I don't know if the file or folder in there is something that is downloaded and that I don't need or something important. I don't remember how this happened but I think that I was
    trying to make my d drive my main drive and one some way I changed the location of the drive to my downloads folder. Because I wanted the things I download to go into the d drive folder and not the c drive because I use that one for programs but I didn't want
    my downloads folder to be my d drive!

Is there any way to change it so my downloads folder is my downloads folder and that my d drive is somewhere else again?

Moved From:

dianaΤ, Jul 30, 2020
  4. gypsycomp Win User

Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive

showing the total of folders/files in drive root

Properties are shown differently for folders and roots.
    Root properties only shows used and free space.
    Folder properties shows Size, Size on Disk, number of files/folders.
    Questions:
    1 - How can I discover on the root drive the total of folders and files on drive?
    2 - Better, how could I list the number of files within each folder?
    3 - Even better, how could I list the total of subfolders and files at each level within the tree branches?

gypsycomp, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive

1. Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive - Similar Threads - Suspicious folders root

2. Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?: I would like to create some folders right on the C: drive system disk. But is it safe to do anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-really-safe-to-create-a-folder-on-the-root/702fef91-ed3c-4eeb-8c1e-2bc4eaa259cc
  3. Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?: I would like to create some folders right on the C: drive system disk. But is it safe to do anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-really-safe-to-create-a-folder-on-the-root/702fef91-ed3c-4eeb-8c1e-2bc4eaa259cc
  4. Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloads are going to root of D drive

Downloads are going to root of D drive: We were trying to move the location of my downloads folder from its original place in C drive, but accidentally failed to create a download folder for the D drive before changing the location, causing it to be connected to the root of the D drive.We've restored the original...
  6. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads are going to root of D drive: We were trying to move the location of my downloads folder from its original place in C drive, but accidentally failed to create a download folder for the D drive before changing the location, causing it to be connected to the root of the D drive.We've restored the original...
  7. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder: hello. My computer is new and I have a solid state drive for my main C and a regular hard drive for the D:. My D: acts as my desktop folder so when I move any files into it they are placed onto my desktop. I'm wondering how I create a desktop folder in my d: drive so...
  9. User folders in root C: drive

User folders in root C: drive: In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated: Intel PerfLogs Program Files Program Files x86 Users Windows Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive? On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for...
  10. "Suspicious Root CA" detection by Zemana AntiLogger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Suspicious Root CA" detection by Zemana AntiLogger: I recently got a free premium licence of zemana antilogger from 'sharewareonsale.com', and run my first scan. From scan result I got three 'Suspicious Root CA' detection in 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\ROOT\Certificates\'...Zemana want to delete this registry...