Windows 10: Suspicious looking file

Discus and support Suspicious looking file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So about a week ago, I saw that "How do you want to open this file?" message on startup. I didn't do anything, but it started annoying me. I disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FutureGaming1, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Suspicious looking file

So about a week ago, I saw that "How do you want to open this file?" message on startup. I didn't do anything, but it started annoying me. I disabled it in task manager, but i'm now suspicious of what is in it. It is in: C:\Users\ . It isn't my folder but it's just named Alex My real name is Alex, and my name in this computer is Alex *my surname*. I'm sure that the file that I disabled is this one, as when I opened it, I saw how do you want to open this file. Then I see a bit of code:

Usage : fsutil behavior query <option>

<option>

allowExtChar

bugcheckOnCorrupt

disable8dot3 [<Volume Path>]

disableCompression

disableCompressionLimit

disableDeleteNotify [NTFSReFS]

disableEncryption

disableFileMetadataOptimization

disableLastAccess

disableSpotCorruptionHandling

encryptPagingFile

memoryUsage

mftZone

quotaNotify

symlinkEvaluation

disableWriteAutoTiering [<Volume Path>]

disableTxf [<Volume Path>]

enableReallocateAllDataWrites [<Volume Path>]

Please use "fsutil 8dot3name query /?" for more information.

For DisableDeleteNotify if neither "NTFS" nor "ReFS" is specified, both values are shown.

So I ran that "fsutil 8dot3name query /?" and it returned "Usage : fsutil 8dot3name query [<Volume Path>]

When no volume is specified the global 8dot3name state is displayed.

When volume is specified the volumes 8dot3name state is displayed.

Sample command:

"fsutil 8dot3name query"

"fsutil 8dot3name query C:" "

I am pretty suspicious of that file, as I didn't add it.

Could anyone try and identify that?

Many thanks,

Alex

:)

FutureGaming1, Mar 30, 2021

2. Virus sftwr listing MS files as Suspicious

Hitman Pro listed the following Microsoft files as suspicious: rspndr.sys - lltdio.sys - wfplwfs.sys - ksecpkg.sys - dxgmms1.sys - dxgkrnl.sys. Are they all Microsoft files

SharonMauze, Mar 30, 2021
  3. XBL client/server ipSec issuing CA (suspicious?)

Hello Steve,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• What antivirus software are you using?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Reldel Win User

Suspicious looking file

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Suspicious looking file [​IMG]

Suspicious looking file [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Suspicious looking file

1. Suspicious looking file - Similar Threads - Suspicious looking file

2. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious file: I have discovered a file name "AmonKorneFBF.exe" located in my Program Files x86\AmonKorneFBF. When I try to delete the folder, it says the file is open in another program. I tried to end task in task manager, but it keeps appearing right after I click end task. The file name...
  3. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious file: I have discovered a file name "AmonKorneFBF.exe" located in my Program Files x86\AmonKorneFBF. When I try to delete the folder, it says the file is open in another program. I tried to end task in task manager, but it keeps appearing right after I click end task. The file name...
  4. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. agentactivationruntimestarter.exe - suspicious file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    agentactivationruntimestarter.exe - suspicious file: This File agentactivationruntimestarter.exe is located in C:\Windows\System32 and has no description in details tab when I right click it.Is it a legit file from windows?Can someone someone also check if it is also there on your pc?...
  6. agentactivationruntimestarter.exe - suspicious file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    agentactivationruntimestarter.exe - suspicious file: This File agentactivationruntimestarter.exe is located in C:\Windows\System32 and has no description in details tab when I right click it.Is it a legit file from windows?Can someone someone also check if it is also there on your pc?...
  7. Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If...: submitted by /u/MarkoTribe16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcu483/found_a_file_called_winstoreappexe_it_looked/
  8. Suspicious Folder and Files

Suspicious Folder and Files: Okay so I recently found this folder on my computer. I can delete it, however, it will just come back in 5 minutes. I try to search online for something about it, but there seems to be nothing. Antivirus doesn't seem to think it's a threat. I don't have much on this computer...
  9. suspicious file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suspicious file: .usr_app_ncr.dat this file is located in c:/ user/documents should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-file/5c672176-5745-499d-b6d7-9c7dc7e47516
  10. Super Suspicious Files

Super Suspicious Files: Hello, I was taking a look through my task manager and found a process called "sedsvc" I went to the location, and I brought me to C:\Program Files\rempl, I found a bunch of other things in that folder like disktoast.exe, sedlauncher.exe, sedsvc.exe, osrrb.exe, etc. I'm...