Windows 10: Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop

Discus and support Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed suspicious pop-up on my desktop. Screenshot attached.[ATTACH] Can you please help me yo understand what it is?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by K_007, Jan 25, 2020.

1. K_007 Win User

Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop

Hi, I noticed suspicious pop-up on my desktop. Screenshot attached. Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop f449feb0-6600-421f-91ce-139a014b99d0?upload=true.png
    Can you please help me yo understand what it is?

:)

K_007, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Jan 25, 2020
  3. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Pop up blocked message in Microsoft Edge

Hi Michael,

• When do you get the message?
    • Does it happens with any specific website?

To enable and disable the popup blocker, follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button in the upper right-hand corner to access the Microsoft Edge menu.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on View Advanced settings.
    • Block up Pop ups. From here you can turn off or on the pop up blocker.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Suspicious Pop-up message on desktop - Similar Threads - Suspicious Pop message

2. Has anyone seen a pop up message saying the following: Windows detected suspicious...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone seen a pop up message saying the following: Windows detected suspicious...: Has anyone seen a pop up message saying the following: Windows detected suspicious activity on your Computer.Please contact Microsoft Technical support for immediate help:+removedtoll free. Your Computer ID: and has a 5 digit numberPlease contact Technical support to...
  3. pop up message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  4. pop up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop up message: I keep getting the message "New content is available. Please refresh web page" How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/ae61184e-5313-4c23-b49d-02c845cf5f9b
  5. pop up message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Message pops ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message pops ups: A message pops up every time I start my computer. The message being the following ''Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PortraitDisplays.HPDisplayControl_4.6.44.0_x64_2dg...\Startup Task.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.''...
  7. Why Suspicious webpages are popping up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Suspicious webpages are popping up?: Hi, I am Pratyush I recently downloaded something that had installed an adware. Both Windows Security and Avast Say that there is no malware but Sometimes when I click somewhere on a webpage on Chrome, even on Completely safe sites like YouTube, suspicious webpages pop up....
  8. Suspicious pop-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspicious pop-up: Info: Name smart agent icon:[ATTACH] app:[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-pop-up/59d607bb-57a1-4bc5-82d1-1d9a8b476c11
  9. POP up message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POP up message: why do I keep getting the following message? C:\Windows\Systems32\cmd.exe with a black box screen in the background what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-message/4da6dc13-7dc6-44bd-91d7-f9d1816e05e2
  10. This message pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This message pop up: Can anyone help me with this. how i can slove this issue and can know the reason behind this message or error .[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-message-pop-up/38395bf6-77ca-4c3d-9136-e174dcc5db54