Windows 10: Suspicious program in startup that keeps changing its name from -silent to random chinese...

Discus and support Suspicious program in startup that keeps changing its name from -silent to random chinese... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-TheMobile- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-TheMobile-, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Suspicious program in startup that keeps changing its name from -silent to random chinese...

/u/-TheMobile-, Sep 15, 2020

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Suspicious program in startup that keeps changing its name from -silent to random chinese...

can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Suspicious program in startup that keeps changing its name from -silent to random chinese...

1. Suspicious program in startup that keeps changing its name from -silent to random chinese... - Similar Threads - Suspicious program startup

2. 2 unknown startup Programs named " program "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 unknown startup Programs named " program ": I was checking Startup programs in Task Manager where I found two unknown programs named as " Program ". I can't even open their File location, quite weird, please help if someone knows if it is of windows only or something else. [ATTACH]...
  3. Unidentified Suspicious Program

Unidentified Suspicious Program: Hi, I was recently updating my start-up apps and came across an unidentified program simply labeled "Program". I immediately turned it off. Any suggestions as to how I can investigate this "program"? Typing Program in the search bar yields too many results. Could not find...
  4. Folder names in programs folder changed to random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder names in programs folder changed to random letters and numbers: Some program folders and shortcuts for various apps have been renamed. The original file names for the .exe files are all intact. I can still use windows search to look up "Microsoft Word," for example, but then the result "$R4EBKO7" comes up with the Microsoft Word icon...
  5. Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.: [ATTACH] So that's what it looks like in the task manager, but I can't "go to the file location" and the fie "C:\Program" Files" Doesn't exist. I ran a full PC virus scan using the McAfee one that comes with the PC but that didn't work either. I wanted to know what it was...
  6. Programs open randomly on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open randomly on startup: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time programs will open at startup, these programs can range from programs that have the option to start on startup such as Hotspot Shield VPN, but in a few instances...
  7. My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own: That causes a loss of network connection and internet access. I reboot the device and the network name restores but then, an hour later it changes again and connection is lost. My PC is connected to the CenturyLink modem via a NetGear WN3000 WiFi Range Extender. All other...
  8. Suspicious program

Suspicious program: Attempting to open a .png file in Windows 10. the list of possible apps appears with the "Open With" option but one of the programs has the name "%1" which seems like an illegal name to me. Could this be malicious software?...
  9. Suspicious startup

Suspicious startup: Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there is any hidden miner on my laptop?...
  10. Unknown programs with name program at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown programs with name program at Startup: Hi, my question is about two programs in the startup with name program, and i don't know wich program belongs, and if can disable it, I attach a picture of it [img] 18921