Windows 10: Suspicious startup

Discus and support Suspicious startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by علیرضاصمیمی, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Suspicious startup

Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there is any hidden miner on my laptop?

:)

علیرضاصمیمی, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Suspicious startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious startup

1. Suspicious startup - Similar Threads - Suspicious startup

2. I am very suspicious about the amount of the copies of rundll32 files I have on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am very suspicious about the amount of the copies of rundll32 files I have on my computer: I have been monitering my files for awhile now, and I have found that there is a rather large amount of copies of rundll32 files on my computer. Is this normal? The text document states: 1,"fusion","GAC",01,"WinRT","NotApp",1 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Super Suspicious Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super Suspicious Files: Hello, I was taking a look through my task manager and found a process called "sedsvc" I went to the location, and I brought me to C:\Program Files\rempl, I found a bunch of other things in that folder like disktoast.exe, sedlauncher.exe, sedsvc.exe, osrrb.exe, etc. I'm...
  4. Suspicious web site claiming to be Microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious web site claiming to be Microsoft.: Today I received a popup web site claiming to be from Microsoft and asking for personal information. The address is http://3.16.166.238/. What is the procedure for reporting this to Microsoft? Thank you....
  5. Windows Security Centre and ByteFence alerting on threats and suspicious activities.

Windows Security Centre and ByteFence alerting on threats and suspicious activities.: Hi, recently I've been receiving lots of alerts from Windows on "threats found" and also alot of ByteFence suspicious action detected. The ByteFence alert note pops every 4 minutes when Im using the computer. The ByteFence alert says exactly this:...
  6. suspicious user/local account on my pc

suspicious user/local account on my pc: hi I have been getting a suspicious user/local account on a (new) pc (about 2-3 weeks old) that's called ybppcowywpz or something like that I have looked up anything about it and nothing comes up I have tried to delete it and every time I shut down my pc then turn it back on...
  7. Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10)

Block Suspicious Behaviors Setting (Windows 10): Hi Although all my Windows 10 Updates are 'up-to-date', I'm not sure if those Updates include the Windows Redstone 5 Update which (among other things) was suppose to have an 'optional' Security Setting that Users could switch on called: Block Suspicious Behaviors. I've...
  8. suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.

suspicious behavior on my very small home network using Windows 10.: I've the same question that a user asked last year ;When I boot up Win 10, a cmd prompt window opens from sys32 I I'm almost 100% positive my small NAS using DNS for steaming etc has left my open via many security holes ( I've had the same issue using Linux as well) I...
  9. Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry.

Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry.: Recently I did full refresh of Windows 10. Current version 10.0.17134.1 (Home) both PC's After recent updates to the security approach, partial removal of WORKGROUP and totally messing up my existing working setup I had to revamp my setup. In order to fix/install some of my...
  10. recieved a suspicious email

recieved a suspicious email: could someone please inform me if this email is legit. the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected suspicious log in the email said "We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account *** Email...