Windows 10: Suspicious startup

Discus and support Suspicious startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by علیرضاصمیمی, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Suspicious startup

Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there is any hidden miner on my laptop?

:)

علیرضاصمیمی, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Suspicious startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious startup

1. Suspicious startup - Similar Threads - Suspicious startup

2. Extremely suspicious Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extremely suspicious Startup Program: So I opened task manager and found something extremely suspicious when looking at Startups.2 Programs that i instantly disabled after seeing:"93fea261-8803-4534-a319-9d787a1696a8""5"What can they be? Can I do something about it? In the Screenshot provided below you can see...
  3. Startup application that seems suspicious ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup application that seems suspicious ?: Hello,While doing a basic check-up about what could slow down my computer just in case, I noticed those two entries in my Task Manager, on the startup tab.Since their name is really hazy, I couldn't find anything on them. Could it be some Windows leftovers registry or badly...
  4. Startup application that seems suspicious ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup application that seems suspicious ?: Hello,While doing a basic check-up about what could slow down my computer just in case, I noticed those two entries in my Task Manager, on the startup tab.Since their name is really hazy, I couldn't find anything on them. Could it be some Windows leftovers registry or badly...
  5. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs: I was just scrolling through startup programs in task manager and I found two windows defender first one looks legit but 2nd one looks a bit suspicious I clicked open file location it took me to this folder C:\Users\123\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft_Defender\Defender_AntiMalware...
  6. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs: I was just scrolling through startup programs in task manager and I found two windows defender first one looks legit but 2nd one looks a bit suspicious I clicked open file location it took me to this folder C:\Users\123\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft_Defender\Defender_AntiMalware...
  7. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

8. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?: After turning on my Dell laptop G5 5500, 250G hard drive, Windows 10, it proceeded to download 290G and upload 20G of data over the next 2 hours via Google WiFi, according to the Home app on my mobile device, the only source for this kind of info of which I'm aware. I was not...
  9. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?

Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?: After turning on my Dell laptop G5 5500, 250G hard drive, Windows 10, it proceeded to download 290G and upload 20G of data over the next 2 hours via Google WiFi, according to the Home app on my mobile device, the only source for this kind of info of which I'm aware. I was not...
  10. Huge D/L 290GB, U/L 20GB after startup. Suspicious?