Windows 10: Suspicious startup

Discus and support Suspicious startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by علیرضاصمیمی, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Suspicious startup

Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there is any hidden miner on my laptop?

:)

علیرضاصمیمی, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Suspicious startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Suspicious startup

1. Suspicious startup - Similar Threads - Suspicious startup

2. I got two suspicious emails today

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got two suspicious emails today: Hi there, I got two suspicious emails today. Both on the email address I use for my microsoft account. The first was one that only had "Your verification code is: XXXXXX.[IMG]" from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The second had a message that started with "...
  3. New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension: Chrome was built with security in mind from the very beginning. Today we're launching two new features to help protect users from deceptive websites. The Suspicious Site Reporter Extension will improve security for Chrome users by giving power users an easy way to report...
  4. Suspicious Microsoft Store Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious Microsoft Store Applications: I would like to report this issue about an application in Microsoft Store that is not working properly which I already uninstalled. After the installation, I quickly launched the application to test it, it crashed on the first startup. At startup, it requests for a 5-star...
  5. Suspicious Folder and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious Folder and Files: Okay so I recently found this folder on my computer. I can delete it, however, it will just come back in 5 minutes. I try to search online for something about it, but there seems to be nothing. Antivirus doesn't seem to think it's a threat. I don't have much on this computer...
  6. Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.: So today i logged into my laptop as usual after a long sleep,when i notice my CPU fan was spinning real fast then normal,so i open task manager and found two suspicious background apps taking up my CPU,when i opened file location,i don't remember installing these apps on my...
  7. Suspicious Activity

Suspicious Activity: Hey There, See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I googled Microsoft Tech Support called the number and they told me I would need a third party to fix the issue. They then...
  8. Suspicious DNS Rule.

Suspicious DNS Rule.: Hello. I was checking Windows Firewall and it came to my attention that, for these past few weeks, I have been seeing a suspicious set of rules that keep reappearing in my inbound rule set. These rules do not go away when I delete them and sometimes more of them appear. I...
  9. I feel so suspicious for updating my drivers...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I feel so suspicious for updating my drivers...: Hello, I just wanted to ask you the most simplest and important question: Is it really safe to update NVidia Drivers in Device Manager normally? Without GeForce Experience or anything, just classic update. Is really it?...
  10. I have been having windows update problems. But, I got a suspicious warning which makes me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been having windows update problems. But, I got a suspicious warning which makes me...: When I tried to open services.msc, I got a starnge warning: [ATTACH] This doesn't seem right. I am the Administrator and I do not remember putting any restrictions. What do you think this is? Thank you. Taner...