Windows 10: svc host process

Discus and support svc host process in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have this process running over 100 times. it is continually reading and writing to the disk causing 100% utilization. How do I clean it up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianSicha, May 18, 2021.

1. svc host process

i have this process running over 100 times. it is continually reading and writing to the disk causing 100% utilization. How do I clean it up?

:)

BrianSicha, May 18, 2021
  2. RianMagee Win User

So many svc host processes running

Hi, I know there are a lot of posts on this but none of them really make any sense to me. My laptop is about a month old, 8GB RAM

and 2TB hard drive and running windows 10. I have very little software other than the essentials that I need installed; Adobe Creative Suite (4 programs) VLC, AVG antivirus and CCleaner.

Every time I use the laptop it lags like freewheeling uphill. After checking task manager the amount of
    service host processes running is ridiculous and causing anywhere between 90-100% CPU, which is just insane. I know that various programs and instances all get separated out to an individual
    service host to help avoid bringing the whole system down; but ironically having this many processes running brings the whole system down!

I've hunted through post after post and used process explorer as suggested to see what process each
    service host is pertaining to...I can then decide which to kill. That would be great if I has a programmer and worked for Microsoft and was able to decipher the names of processes. I mean, how is anyone supposed to guess as to whether or not
    shellexperiencehost.exe or settingsynchhost.exe are safe to kill? Yes I can google those but with 20-30 processes running surely there's an easier way to sort this out?

I don't have any of these issues on my other two (older) machines, running the same OS and software. No malware or viruses found. And microsoft, no...3rd party antivirus isn't the issue and that kind of nonsense isn't going to get brainwash me to using exclusively
    Microsoft products.

I've attached a screenshot of task manager to show the ridiculous number of
    service host
    processes running...i think they're breeding!

svc host process ef1438ec-df04-4cef-b7b7-1f95b5c5a8a2.jpg

RianMagee, May 18, 2021
  3. metro5053 Win User
    SVC Host Problem

Hi,
    Started having problems with Windows 10, every time after I shut my computer down, the SVC Host says it is shutting down programs in the background. Then when I reboot it a lot of programs will not work, so each time I use "reimage", software to repair it.
    Any ideas what I need to do, other than re install the OS
    Thanks and Regards
    Bob

metro5053, May 18, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

svc host process

Driver host process timeout.

Hi,

The default timeout interval for the Driver host process is 60 seconds. If the driver couldn't respond as expected within this period, it's possible that the driver is outdated or incompatible with the operating system. We'll be able to provide the appropriate
    steps to resolve the timeout error once we have more information, so please answer these questions:

• Just to confirm, did this error only happen after you installed Fall Creators Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you encounter this error while your computer was idle, or were you using a specific program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, May 18, 2021
Thema:

svc host process

1. svc host process - Similar Threads - svc host process

2. Can i close svc host?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i close svc host?: AS the question says can i? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-close-svc-host/529685ec-e6c6-4df4-8ffd-1c9607b7f152
  3. Can i close svc host?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i close svc host?: AS the question says can i? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-close-svc-host/529685ec-e6c6-4df4-8ffd-1c9607b7f152
  4. windows svc host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows svc host: defender protection each day shows in protection history protection folder access blockedapp or access blocked svc exec %userprofile%/videosbut it does not show reccomended actions.'what should I do if anything ?...
  5. windows svc host

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows svc host: defender protection each day shows in protection history protection folder access blockedapp or access blocked svc exec %userprofile%/videosbut it does not show reccomended actions.'what should I do if anything ?...
  6. SVC Host using tremendous amount of Data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SVC Host using tremendous amount of Data.: I have been facing an issue of where the HOST PROCESS is extremely consuming data in background and this has been going on for a long time. Around 5GB of data is consumed each day which blocks my internet usage when I need it the most. How do I stop this process from...
  7. Updated now svc host everywhere and CPU overrunning itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated now svc host everywhere and CPU overrunning itself: I came home from work to boo tup my newly built gaming PC running on Windows 10. I start up and says I need to update and restart, I do so and boot up my NZXT cam to view my temps and parts pecs and my RAM and CPU on Idle are running themselves beyond what they are meant to...
  8. host processes

host processes: In the last few days Windows has been getting slower. It took 20 minutes this morning to load. Task manager is showing about 40 or more host processes running taking up about half my RAM and up to 50% CPU usage. How can I get rid of all these local processes?...
  9. svc hosts file

svc hosts file: hello im wondering why theres so many of these, and which are safe to disable, I have upgraded from win home to pro, with a different key, bought from amazon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svc-hosts-file/2af894ef-f03c-4f53-a951-c8a755a3649a
  10. SVC Host Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    SVC Host Problem: Hi, Started having problems with Windows 10, every time after I shut my computer down, the SVC Host says it is shutting down programs in the background. Then when I reboot it a lot of programs will not work, so each time I use "reimage", software to repair it. Any ideas...