Windows 10: Svchost and System waking idle disk for no reason

Discus and support Svchost and System waking idle disk for no reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings.I have noticed that, after updating Windows 10 to 20H2, my secondary HDD is randomly waking up from idle while I'm using my PC, making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ewrtt, May 11, 2021.

1. ewrtt Win User

Svchost and System waking idle disk for no reason

Greetings.I have noticed that, after updating Windows 10 to 20H2, my secondary HDD is randomly waking up from idle while I'm using my PC, making spinning noises all of a sudden even though no application is requiring it to work.This has NOT happened before the 20H2 update.I downloaded Process Monitor and tried to understand what's going on. I noticed that some weird stuff happens.Firstly, there are multiple "FASTIO_NETWORK_QUERY_OPEN" and "IRP_MJ_CREATE" operations from MsMpEng.exe directed towards non-existing files/paths such as "sexy.lnk" and Users such as "MSUser.Default"

:)

ewrtt, May 11, 2021

2. System Idle Process using 100% Disk Capacity (not CPU)

Good morning,

I recently noticed the Disk Activity light on my Laptop was constantly flashing; engaging the Task Manager shows that Service Host: Unistack Service Group (4) [svchost] > System Idle Process is constantly using 100% Disk capacity.

I have to manually End Task for svchost in order to get the Laptop to return to normal service; it re-engages around 2 or 3 times times more in quick succession before the End Task action finally results in everything settling down.

I do note the vast majority of other people report the svchost application taking up 100% CPU time, I would like to confirm that the svchost application does 'not' utilise any CPU usage, only Disk usage.

I would be very grateful if anyone would render assistance in order to resolve.

Many thanks,

Richard Peter Lyons, May 11, 2021
  3. Wile E Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, May 11, 2021
  4. Svchost and System waking idle disk for no reason

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Svchost and System waking idle disk for no reason

1. Svchost and System waking idle disk for no reason - Similar Threads - Svchost System waking

2. svchost system error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost system error: hi everyone i have been facing this strange issue while opening few apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchost-system-error/966ca1ba-3195-4fae-80f7-f72317ecd548
  3. svchost system error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost system error: hi everyone i have been facing this strange issue while opening few apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchost-system-error/966ca1ba-3195-4fae-80f7-f72317ecd548
  4. SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Ever since a while ago, whenever I open task manager, it shows that System is using 100% of my disk!! I thought this odd, and looked online for different solutions. All of which, didn't seem to solve my problemIMPORTANT THINGS; So, the problem seems to occur AFTER I startup...
  5. SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Ever since a while ago, whenever I open task manager, it shows that System is using 100% of my disk!! I thought this odd, and looked online for different solutions. All of which, didn't seem to solve my problemIMPORTANT THINGS; So, the problem seems to occur AFTER I startup...
  6. SYSTEM USING 100% DISK; FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Disk 100% for no reason

Disk 100% for no reason: These are some of the screenshots of what happens, it completely freezes up and I can't do anything with my PC, if I try to restart it goes straight into bios for a hour or soCan someone help me , Thanks MasterDyl...
  8. Svchost waking idle drive and MsMpEng looking there for non-existing files even after exclusion

Svchost waking idle drive and MsMpEng looking there for non-existing files even after exclusion: Greetings.I have noticed that, after updating Windows 10 to 20H2, my secondary HDD is waking up from idle, making spinning noises all of a sudden even though no application is requiring it to work.This has NOT happened before the 20H2 update.I downloaded Process Monitor and...
  9. SVCHOST using 100% DIsk

SVCHOST using 100% DIsk: I am running Build 18985. System is running very slow and System task is using 100% Disk. I have researched the issue and found process SVCHOST using the disk. I have done the following: Disabled Microsoft Update Disabled all startup process Stopped all services except...
  10. svchost

svchost: An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure. My Windows version is 1607...