Windows 10: svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?

Discus and support svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This svchost file name doesn't appear on the task manager page but it is something which is making the cpu run at almost full capacity an along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KaranMaheshwari, Jul 21, 2018.

1. svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?

This svchost file name doesn't appear on the task manager page but it is something which is making the cpu run at almost full capacity an along with this there is another blank file which is doing the same thing but it doesn't have the same strength as the other one. The file is located in C:/windows/syswow64/ as an application file of 44kb. I am not not sure if i should delete it from the folder or not.

Please advise as to what i should do.

Regards,

Karan

:)

KaranMaheshwari, Jul 21, 2018

2. 100% CPU and DISK USAGE

Please press Ctrl+Shift+Escape and let us know which processes in the list are consuming the most CPU and Disk usage.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 21, 2018
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Jul 21, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?

My CPU usage reaches 98% when I don't move my cursor for few minutes

Looks like it might be the svchost process.

This is not uncommon.

Below is a link on steps to fix this issue.

Let me know how you make out.

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-...

SarahKong, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?

1. svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on? - Similar Threads - svchost consuming lot

2. svchost using LOTS of cpu even after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost using LOTS of cpu even after factory reset: i recently did a clean install of windows DUE to the svchost using all my cpu, and its still not fixed. I ran rkill and went through endless threads and fixes but none of them have fixed my problem. i am a gamer, so i really need the most of my cpu when im gaming. please...
  3. svchost using LOTS of cpu even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost using LOTS of cpu even after factory reset: i recently did a clean install of windows DUE to the svchost using all my cpu, and its still not fixed. I ran rkill and went through endless threads and fixes but none of them have fixed my problem. i am a gamer, so i really need the most of my cpu when im gaming. please...
  4. svchost using LOTS of cpu even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  6. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  7. Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.: Hi, I am frequently using WSL2 and VSCode. However, I have all instances closed now, thought the vmmem.exe process is still running and with Very High power usage. Is there any way to end the process and why is it using so many resources if nothing is active? Thanks...
  8. COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory Space unnaturally every time when laptop turned on

COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory Space unnaturally every time when laptop turned on: Hello, Whenever I turned on my laptop COM Surrogate start to consume huge number of RAM, Memory and Disk Space - [ATTACH] Then If I click on the COM Surrogate and then click End Task then it behaves normally. [ATTACH] And after some time 3-5 min of ending this task...
  9. svchost CPU usage at 55%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...
  10. Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost): So, basically I upgraded to Windows 10, and it's been a huge nightmare. To start with, I didn't enjoy the experience and tried to downgrade, but I was informed the backup was corrupted (it was using a different file structure or something) and was incompatible. So... no...