Windows 10: SVCHOST eating up memory

Discus and support SVCHOST eating up memory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What services of svchost should I disable? I think it's eating up my memory. I think if the computer has 2GB RAM, it should have only like 30-40% usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Elmer, Nov 25, 2015.

1. SVCHOST eating up memory

What services of svchost should I disable? I think it's eating up my memory. I think if the computer has 2GB RAM, it should have only like 30-40% usage but I have 63%

SVCHOST eating up memory [​IMG]

SVCHOST eating up memory [​IMG]

:)

John Elmer, Nov 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 BSOD on shutdown or after long usage

Svchost is Service host for Windows processes that is a component of Windows.

As you said it is eating 50 percent of CPU, it must be doing work in background. The error critical process died is also due to Svchost usually.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - 100% Disk Usage

Svchost is a process that deals with networks mainly. It has many shapes and sizes, but the main ones are ALL ways of connecting to internet + some other stuff, firewall + some other stuff and windows update + other stuff. Depending on which part of the
    svchost is using up your ram, it could be caused by many things.

Some time back I had a problem with svchost eating up all my cpu power. I read about it and found out that it tried to update even though the update was already installed. So I reset all the services (svchost ones) and everything went back to normal. Had to
    do it after every restart though.

Mihkel Erik Riid, Nov 25, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

SVCHOST eating up memory

If it's Superfetch service, it's okay. It's meant to improve performance.

If you have Chrome on background process, go to Chrome's configuration and untick the box where it says "keep running Chrome on background upon exitting".

eLPuSHeR, Nov 25, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Services are not eating up your memory. Disabling services, even to the point where functionality was impaired, would save little memory. Your memory usage is not unreasonable for a 64 bit OS with 2 GB RAM and running chrome with multiple tabs open. 2 GB RAM is the minimum supported on a 64 bit OS. Meaning that will provide acceptable performance with a relatively light load. Good performance would require 4 GB RAM but 8 GB is better.

Superfetch does use considerable memory but it is marked as available, which it is. Disabling Superfetch would save little memory but would impair performance.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SVCHOST eating up memory

1. SVCHOST eating up memory - Similar Threads - SVCHOST eating memory

2. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  3. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  4. Delivery optimization is eating up memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization is eating up memory: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21/‎09/‎2022 OS build 22621.1413 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID...
  5. Delivery optimization is eating up memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery optimization is eating up memory: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎21/‎09/‎2022 OS build 22621.1413 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID...
  6. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Eating Up memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Eating Up memory: The process on my windows 10 computer "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" is eating up obscene amounts of memory, I have uninstalled skype, virus scanned and reinstalled my drivers. I have nothing plugged in i.e headphones and still it uses up tons of memory. I need help...
  7. Memory Leak in svchost Lanman Service

Memory Leak in svchost Lanman Service: Hello, I am facing a very annoying issue in Win 10 pro maybe related to last update couple of weeks back. After using the machine for some time sometimes mins sometimes over an hour the memory usage keeps growing and eventually takes up the whole 12 GB Ram in my machine....
  8. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: Hey, I have exactly the same problem with this person *, only his solution does not work for me. I tried a lot of other things and it just seems to get worse. It has now been 4-5 days since it has started. It seemed to start when I was connecting xbox with my computes to be...
  9. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a custom built pc with 24gbs of...
  10. ntoskrnl.exe eating up memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl.exe eating up memory: The process (ntoskrnl.exe) with a task name System is eating up memory [img] I found on the other forums that Windows Update setting is causing it, but I can't disable it because when I try to disable it, I can't open Windows Upate AB0XMwa3knw 33538