Windows 10: svchost.exe accesses a "dangerous webpage"

Discus and support svchost.exe accesses a "dangerous webpage" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Bitdefender software blocked Win 10 svchost.exe from accessing a "dangerous webpage". Turns out svchost.exe Windows/System32 has an expired... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Graziemille, Apr 13, 2020.

1. svchost.exe accesses a "dangerous webpage"

My Bitdefender software blocked Win 10 svchost.exe from accessing a "dangerous webpage". Turns out svchost.exe Windows/System32 has an expired certificate valid from 6/6/2018 to 5/29/2019.

Has anybody else experienced similar odd svchost.exe behavior; and

Shouldn't svchost.exe have a valid certificate?

Any help appreciated.

:)

Graziemille, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Apr 13, 2020
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Apr 13, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

svchost.exe accesses a "dangerous webpage"

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

svchost.exe accesses a "dangerous webpage"

1. svchost.exe accesses a "dangerous webpage" - Similar Threads - svchost exe accesses

2. Windows 11 Unable to access webpage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Unable to access webpage: Hi, I have come across a windows 11 issue.I am unable to access the following webpage https://forums.unrealengine.com/ all other web pages work. This is not specific to Edge as Vivaldi faces the same issue in windows 11. This problem does not present itself on Ubuntu 23.04...
  3. Certain Webpages not accessible and printing not possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Webpages not accessible and printing not possible: Hello! There are certain times where I suddenly lose access to certain web pages. Some would open fine and some would display a message asking to check network connection. Connection wise everything is fine. Some sort of issue when printing. Some times it prints and sometimes...
  4. Certain Webpages not accessible and printing not possible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Webpages not accessible and printing not possible: Hello! There are certain times where I suddenly lose access to certain web pages. Some would open fine and some would display a message asking to check network connection. Connection wise everything is fine. Some sort of issue when printing. Some times it prints and sometimes...
  5. Certain Webpages not accessible and printing not possible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to access some webpages

Unable to access some webpages: I have been trying to access some webpages in Chrome and internet explorer. I have cleared the browser history, but still unable to access. I'm not having any problems with most web pages Thanks...
  7. Unable to access Microsoft Family webpage

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Microsoft Family webpage: I am having problems accessing https://account.microsoft.com/family. All I get is a page that says. Try refreshing the page Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else. To my knowledge this is the only place I can go to...
  8. Accessing webpages

Accessing webpages: I've recently had a problem accessing any webpages from Favorites or when clicking on a link. The problem occurs off and on. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-webpages/4138c09e-fe59-4081-b152-c06ad102ad74
  9. Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?: I was watching a video of a guy who was testing the WannaCry ransomware and he said that if it was a .exe file, it could become dangerously more harmful, is that true?...
  10. svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost: An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure. My Windows version is 1607...