Windows 10: Svchost.exe and searchUI messing with my internet and causing high ping

Discus and support Svchost.exe and searchUI messing with my internet and causing high ping in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, i am not a big gamer but after the pask week or so ive been noticing a big hit with my ping. I opened task manager and resource monitor too see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dunny_66, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Svchost.exe and searchUI messing with my internet and causing high ping

Hello, i am not a big gamer but after the pask week or so ive been noticing a big hit with my ping. I opened task manager and resource monitor too see what was up and searchUI and svchost.exe were using big amounts of my network usage. My normal ping went from 50 go spiking regulary to 250+.

Has anyone else had this problem, is this safe? And is there any fixes.

submitted by /u/dunny_66
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dunny_66, Aug 21, 2020

2. 1909 update messing with internet connection..... 3000+ ping

Tried it to no avail. i reset it about 4 times today already as i was playing around with settings and wanted to make sure i had a clean slate to mess with. it is something in windows ten 1909 that is messing with my internet at periodic intervals. nothing
    to do with adapter, modem, network settings. its a software issue of some kind and i have no idea what is triggering it. before hand, i had svchost (a windows process) using up 40mb/s in task manager. that got rid of the network completely cutting out and
    got rid of the high ping, but now it happens every 10-15 seconds instead of continuous bad ping. my windows is completely up to date as of the fresh install i mentioned earlier. and like i also mentioned, i had this problem earlier this month and simply reverted
    back to win 10-1903 which fixed it.

LinearComb3, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 High Ping on Games

Is it before the CSGO update or after. Lots of people are reporting this issue after the update. They are saying that the new update has messed up the routing or something. I would suggest to try connection optimizer like Kill Ping. It will bypass all the
    nodes in between and directly connect you to game server.

But first do these steps given in the guide for CSGO

How to Solve High Ping Issues in CS:GO

omairhaider, Aug 21, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Svchost.exe and searchUI messing with my internet and causing high ping

svchost high usage

See link below to figure out which app is hogging your resources.

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Svchost.exe and searchUI messing with my internet and causing high ping

1. Svchost.exe and searchUI messing with my internet and causing high ping - Similar Threads - Svchost exe searchUI

2. High ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping: So i am i canada and i am playing fortnite with my friend who lives in australia and my internet is very bad only when playing with my friend but normally its good and when i wasin canada my ping was good....
  3. High ping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping: So i am i canada and i am playing fortnite with my friend who lives in australia and my internet is very bad only when playing with my friend but normally its good and when i wasin canada my ping was good....
  4. High ping on my laptop

High ping on my laptop: Hello everyone, for a past few days I've been having issues with literal sky high pings on my laptop. It can go over 1000ms, but I think that it's not problem with my connection because my phone and other laptop have stable ping. I have installed Windows 11 a few days ago,...
  5. High ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping: I was having an issue with high ping numbers with AT&T DSL. I was supposed to be getting up to 12Mbps, but wasn't getting anywhere near that consistently. Sometimes it would be less than 1Mbps, other times working within it's range. I switched to a new internet provider and...
  6. High ping

High ping: I was having an issue with high ping numbers with AT&T DSL. I was supposed to be getting up to 12Mbps, but wasn't getting anywhere near that consistently. Sometimes it would be less than 1Mbps, other times working within it's range. I switched to a new internet provider and...
  7. High ping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. my ping is too high

my ping is too high: i upgraded my laptop's ram to 4gb so that I can play but the problem is even though the game is so light to handle my ping is too high. I have tried basic things like using its udp to my windows defender and it's like do not do anything. Please say the steps clear as crystal...
  9. 1909 update messing with internet connection..... 3000+ ping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1909 update messing with internet connection..... 3000+ ping: Hi there, basically i had an issue where i would receive 3000+ ping every 10 seconds when updating windows to the November update 2019. I looked all over the internet to fix this and eventually just went back to the previous version (1903). Now i have a new ssd to run my os...
  10. svchost high usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost high usage: I have a HP-omen 17. Recently I have been observing high cpu usage under the name of one/two unnamed process related to svchost.exe. The problem started recently with sudden high usage of cpu during pc start up. These process have to be terminated each time individually. The...