Windows 10: svchost.exe application error

Discus and support svchost.exe application error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I see all sorts of threads on this topic, but different exception codes and locations. My application error was 0x0000420, occurring in the application... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OkieInCO, Oct 18, 2019.

1. OkieInCO Win User

svchost.exe application error

I see all sorts of threads on this topic, but different exception codes and locations. My application error was 0x0000420, occurring in the application at location 0x00007FFDBE22F9AC. I keep my virus software current, and ran a full scan just the other night, with no infections. I'm pretty sure this is just a buggy result of the latest Windows 10 Update. But, I want to make sure. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

:)

OkieInCO, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Oct 18, 2019
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Oct 18, 2019
  4. svchost.exe application error

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

svchost.exe application error

1. svchost.exe application error - Similar Threads - svchost exe application

2. 3 Errors on svchost on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Errors on svchost on startup: they're all the exact same process i have windows 10 not 7windows 10 1903 [i will not update] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-errors-on-svchost-on-startup/0eea87b8-6afd-4827-90a4-13e7d2ce0566
  3. 3 Errors on svchost on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 Errors on svchost on startup: they're all the exact same process i have windows 10 not 7windows 10 1903 [i will not update] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-errors-on-svchost-on-startup/0eea87b8-6afd-4827-90a4-13e7d2ce0566
  4. svchost system error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost system error: hi everyone i have been facing this strange issue while opening few apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchost-system-error/966ca1ba-3195-4fae-80f7-f72317ecd548
  5. svchost system error

svchost system error: hi everyone i have been facing this strange issue while opening few apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchost-system-error/966ca1ba-3195-4fae-80f7-f72317ecd548
  6. Svchost Error: System detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost Error: System detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: I was on my laptop and got this error while browsing Chrome. I ran a malware scan but it didn’t find anything. I’m running Win10 os and will post more info if needed. Should I be worried? submitted by /u/RexTerm [link] [comments]...
  7. Error with svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error with svchost: I have been recieveing messages for the past two or three days now. When I go full screen, this message randomly pops up. "svchost.exe - application error The instruction at 0x00007FF8A305C686 referenced memory at 0x00007FF8C82D1A78. The memory could not be read. Click...
  8. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  9. Error (0xc000007b) winx86.exe - Application

Error (0xc000007b) winx86.exe - Application: so malwarebytes wanted to delete this, and now it keeps spamming me with this error "winx86.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" I click OK and it keeps popping up with this 111313
  10. winx86.exe - Application Error (0xc000007b)

in Windows 10 Support
    winx86.exe - Application Error (0xc000007b): so malwarebytes wanted to delete this, and now it keeps spamming me with this error "winx86.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" I click OK and it keeps popping up with this 111313
Tags: