Windows 10: svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry

Discus and support svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It all started someday when I restarted my computer and my user seemed to be corrupted black screen, weird old font, only recycle bin showing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RuniFossen, Sep 7, 2020.

1. svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry

It all started someday when I restarted my computer and my user seemed to be corrupted black screen, weird old font, only recycle bin showing on desktop and I had to create a new user and copy all my userdata from the old to the new and it worked fine. Later when i rebooted my computer again the same happened and i had to recreate the user again.

Now I've tracked it down to the state value being changed in the registry from 0 to 131073 by svchost.exe.

Can someone help me and figure out why this is happening and how to fix it. I'm sick of recreating accounts.

:)

RuniFossen, Sep 7, 2020

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2020
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 7, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry

Cant open ANY .exe

Yes you are right, this is normally caused by a virus resetting registry entries

Follow the process below and you should be OK:

• Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search box
    • Right-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as administrator
    • Browse to the following registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
    • With .exe selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    • Change the Value data: to exefile
    • Browse to and then click on the following registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile
    • With exefile selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    • Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
    • Browse to and then click on the following registry key: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open
    • With open selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    • Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
    • Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry

1. svchost.exe changing profilelist State value in registry - Similar Threads - svchost exe changing

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  4. Undoing registry values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  5. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  6. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  7. I changed my registry value to show advanced power options, the registry value change...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed my registry value to show advanced power options, the registry value change...: It just happened one day to another. I used it to change the screen lockout from a minute to 60. submitted by /u/AswanStruyf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0qv9y/i_changed_my_registry_value_to_show_advanced/
  8. registry return value

in Windows 10 Customization
    registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...
  9. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  10. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...