Windows 10: svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread

Discus and support svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Intermittently freezes. Everytime it freezes one of the svchost.exe processes is consuming more CPU than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wesk2, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Wesk2 Win User

svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread

My Windows Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Intermittently freezes. Everytime it freezes one of the svchost.exe processes is consuming more CPU than normal. If I analyze the wait chain there is always one thread everything is waiting on. This appears to be an issue with RPC and the multiple services that use RPC.

How do I find what service owns this thread?

I downloaded the Debug Diagnostics tool and it shows me information on the thread but I can't tell what is using this thread. See the wait chain below, and information on the particular thread captured from Debug Diagnostics.

svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread 75b22733-67e5-46cb-9a3f-82c7beab0bc6?upload=true.png

Thread 1 - System ID 400
    Entry point ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart+21
    Create time 10/26/2018 9:07:25 AM
    Time spent in user mode 0 Days 00:30:59.187
    Time spent in kernel mode 0 Days 00:00:00.171
    Function
    rpcss!CBList::Member+61
    rpcss!CServerSet::AddObject+6e
    rpcss!ComplexPingInternal+3d4
    rpcss!CClientSet:svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread :pingServer+49b
    rpcss!PingLocalSets+177
    rpcss!ObjectExporterWorkerThread+f0
    rpcss!ScmServiceMain+c2
    rpcss!ServiceMain+f1
    svchost!ServiceStarter+1da
    sechost!ScSvcctrlThreadA+22
    kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+14
    ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart+21

svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread 93f28804-d80e-40d0-aea8-924345647e9d?upload=true.png

:)

Wesk2, Oct 27, 2018
  2. SarahKong Win User

My CPU usage reaches 98% when I don't move my cursor for few minutes

Looks like it might be the svchost process.

This is not uncommon.

Below is a link on steps to fix this issue.

Let me know how you make out.

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-...

SarahKong, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - svchost running at max cpu with MpsSvc seen as the top consumer

Hello,

Based on your post, we may need to do further investigation. Kindly confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing steps below:

Method 1: Start and stop the Services.

• Click Start -> Run, type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
    • Double click the service “Automatic Updates”.
    • Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option “Local System Account” is selected and the option “Allow service to interact with desktop” is unchecked.
    • Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.
    • Click on the tab “General” and make sure the “Startup Type” is “Automatic”. Then please click the button “Start” under “Service Status” to start the service.
    • Repeat the above steps with the other service: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).

Method 2: If still the issue persist, then we suggest running the SFC scan.
    System File Checker tool is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions
    in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Regarding the issue with Windows Defender, if you have any third party antivirus software and firewall disable them temporarily and make sure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. svchost.exe consuming CPU and waiting on a thread - Similar Threads - svchost exe consuming

2. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  3. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  4. process stuck on launch waiting on Defender Firewall / BFE svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    process stuck on launch waiting on Defender Firewall / BFE svchost: For the past month or so I've intermittently had a process get stuck immediately upon launch. Task Mgr wait chain always shows the stuck process blocked on a call to one of the svchost processes. Once this happens, every new process launch from there on gets stuck. The only...
  5. mremoteng consuming high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mremoteng consuming high cpu: I have been using mremoteng from 2 years but recently the system getting hanged frequently whenever I open mremoteng. I noticed that mremoteng is using high cpu. How to fix this issue ? or is there any other similar software available which is free? 117075
  6. mremoteng consuming high cpu

in Windows 10 Support
    mremoteng consuming high cpu: I have been using mremoteng from 2 years but recently the system getting hanged frequently whenever I open mremoteng. I noticed that mremoteng is using high cpu. How to fix this issue ? or is there any other similar software available which is free? 117075
  7. svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?: This svchost file name doesn't appear on the task manager page but it is something which is making the cpu run at almost full capacity an along with this there is another blank file which is doing the same thing but it doesn't have the same strength as the other one. The file...
  8. svchost CPU usage at 55%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...
  9. Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Notepad consuming cpu 40%: Hi there So recently , my battery life became very weak . laptop fans are always so loud .. When opening task manager, i noticed that the notepad is consuming about 40% sometimes though i don't use it at all i use WORD instead .. also the memory is always at 30% or above...
  10. Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost)

Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost): So, basically I upgraded to Windows 10, and it's been a huge nightmare. To start with, I didn't enjoy the experience and tried to downgrade, but I was informed the backup was corrupted (it was using a different file structure or something) and was incompatible. So... no...
Tags: