Windows 10: svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager?

Discus and support svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Is this normal? these are all the scvhosts in my task manager... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RandomPhoenix, Apr 18, 2019.

1. svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager?

svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager? 02f1c6b8-0348-4eb8-a44b-d8e9a243a835?upload=true.png

Is this normal? these are all the scvhosts in my task manager

:)

RandomPhoenix, Apr 18, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

OVER 160 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

Have you got lots of Rundll32.exe or svchost.exe processes running, or both?

On a normal Windows 10 system, you should not have any Rundll32.exe processes running at all. Check your startup apps the see what is causing this:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager, click on the Startup Tab and see if there are any entries that are starting under rundll32, if there are, disable them
    • Press WIndows + R keys together to open the run dialog, type msconfig and hit enter. Click on the services tab and check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. Then scroll through the list of services looking for rundll32 entries, if you find any,
      uncheck them and reboot

With regards to svchost, i have noticed a huge increase in the number of these processes since the Creators Upgrade - I have 77 currently running on my system. They all are using 0% processor and HDD and on average about 1MB - 2MB, though this number does
    seem excessive . . .

DaveM121, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Apr 18, 2019
  4. svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager?

Suspicious activity and lots of svchost tasks

Haha i am aware, Its just that I gained today a lot of tasks related to remote, control and sharing which is very unusual and is the opposite of what i want, i have no intention with communicating with other networks or computers

This is very unusual for my pc and i usually have the very average amount of svchost tasks.

I want to indetify why is it happening and i suspect of a malicious attack

DannyBoyRP, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager?

1. svchost.exe has about 5+ in task manager? - Similar Threads - svchost exe has

2. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager has black background: The text in it is unreadable. I've already tried changing the color mode in settings but nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-has-black-background/cad1db92-6aaa-42af-a231-bc372361588d
  3. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe and svchost.exe in TASK MANAGER !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OVER 20 RunDll32.exe and svchost.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe and svchost.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using...
  4. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using status....
  5. Task Manager has disappeared

Task Manager has disappeared: Task Manager has disappeared. When I type Task manager in the search box, and select the App, I get the following error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I own the PC, so I am the...
  6. When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes.

When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes.: I just reinstalled windows after getting a new Motherboard and CPU, I installed the current BIOS and chipset drivers and task manager was working at that point. After installing other misc drivers (graphics and audio) it was still working. I restored my windows backup from...
  7. Question about two processes in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about two processes in task manager: Updated Windows 10 awhile, and while scrolling through my task manager to end several resource intensive processes, I found two processes I've never seen before and would like to know if these are indeed legitimate, or if they might be a virus of some kind or if it may cause...
  8. Question about Task Manager

Question about Task Manager: In Windows 7, not this cursed windows 10, if I crtl alt delete I would be brought to the same screen as Windows 10. The difference is if I clicked on the Task Manager it would start the Task Manager even if program had caused a hard crashed. Windows 10 does not do that. Can...
  9. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

Task manager or any system exe is not supported.: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a solution but it involved sfc scan on cmd as an administrator. Finally, I decided to reset my PC and start new. Just finished...
  10. Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe: I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs. I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC. But it could not be displayed in add/remove...
Tags: