Windows 10: svchost.exe is always using my microphone and causing echoes

Discus and support svchost.exe is always using my microphone and causing echoes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to somehow disable it? I feel like I am being spied all the time because it is capturing all the sounds from my PC. Also people on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MaitieS, Nov 1, 2019.

1. svchost.exe is always using my microphone and causing echoes

Is it possible to somehow disable it? I feel like I am being spied all the time because it is capturing all the sounds from my PC. Also people on Discord etc. can hear my sounds from videos/games etc.

submitted by /u/MaitieS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MaitieS, Nov 1, 2019

2. Sound echo from Microphone on Windows 10.

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with sound echo from Microphone on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

• Is this issue occurs with any particular application?

This issue might occur, when some of the settings got corrupted or audio drivers are not updated.

Please refer to the article, created by Deepika Gowda, replied on October 8, 2015, to fix your issue with sound echo from Microphone on Windows 10.

Problems with the microphone

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Wile E Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

svchost.exe is always using my microphone and causing echoes

Echo Test Won't Connect Need Fix?

Hello Tom,

There are a lot of possible causes why you're unable properly use the echo test on your device. This may be an issue with your driver or if you using an application it's needing to be updated. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using an application like Skype or other social applications?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your device before experiencing this issue?
    • What's the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, if you're using a microphone on Windows 10 desktop. We suggest updating the all of the drivers installed on your computer. To do so, follow steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

svchost.exe is always using my microphone and causing echoes

1. svchost.exe is always using my microphone and causing echoes - Similar Threads - svchost exe always

2. Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone: Similarly to this discussion, calls made or received on the "Your Phone" app are unusable due to echo on the callers end. This isn't physical echo because it still occurs with my headphones muted; it's as if the caller's audio is being fed back to them through the microphone...
  3. Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone: Similarly to this discussion, calls made or received on the "Your Phone" app are unusable due to echo on the callers end. This isn't physical echo because it still occurs with my headphones muted; it's as if the caller's audio is being fed back to them through the microphone...
  4. Why is svchost always using my mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is svchost always using my mic: Its always using my mic even if i unplug it the mic logo is always there its pretty annoying i dont mind that much but im just wondering what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-svchost-always-using-my-mic/b5583ffd-cc47-4da0-8675-581fd1d8d947
  5. Why is svchost always using my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is svchost always using my mic: Its always using my mic even if i unplug it the mic logo is always there its pretty annoying i dont mind that much but im just wondering what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-svchost-always-using-my-mic/b5583ffd-cc47-4da0-8675-581fd1d8d947
  6. Why is svchost always using my mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microphone Echo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Echo: For some reason my computer's mic records all the sounds I make such as my own voice, keyboard typing, and mouse clicking, and plays all of them out back through the computer's speaker. How do I make sure I can't hear my own voice while others can?...
  8. rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically: Ever since I built my computer MSI B360M Mortar mobo, I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time 1-3 day intervals. I'm sure I haven't downloaded any malware, and when I go to the file location, it brings me to system32, so it wouldn't be a...
  9. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  10. svchost is constantly using Mic and causing echoes

in Windows 10 Customization
    svchost is constantly using Mic and causing echoes: This has been going on for a couple of days. Svchost.exe is using mic constantly even while other applications are also using the Mic such as Discord. And the output is coming through the laptops inbuilt speakers I cannot change it. I'm on 19041.84...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchost using microphone

2. host process for windows using microphone

3. svchost using mic

4. host process for windows services using mic,
  5. svchost.exe using mic,
  6. how to stop host in windows 10 in using microphone ,
  7. host process for windows services mic,
  8. why is svchost.exe using my microphone,
  9. windows svchost using mic,
  10. windows 10 svchost is using my microphone,
  11. host process microphone,