Windows 10: svchost.exe is using more internet then I do!

Discus and support svchost.exe is using more internet then I do! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I realized that svchost.exe is using more bandwidth then I use for all my online activities!! here is a screenshot of my today's network usage. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, Nov 10, 2019.

1. rezpower Win User

svchost.exe is using more internet then I do!

I realized that svchost.exe is using more bandwidth then I use for all my online activities!!
    here is a screenshot of my today's network usage. There dose not seem to be any windows
    update today! is this normal behavior?

svchost.exe is using more internet then I do! [​IMG]

I have windows 10 1903 build 18362.449

:)

rezpower, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Nov 10, 2019
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Nov 10, 2019
  4. ex_reven Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. svchost.exe is using more internet then I do! - Similar Threads - svchost exe using

2. You need a new exe to open this exe file and more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You need a new exe to open this exe file and more: Cause : I set an app to open all .3ds files and then Later I deleted the app.Effect : I can't open apps :"You need a new app to open this .exe file", and I can't run as administrator or reset or reinstall windows!...
  3. You need a new exe to open this exe file and more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You need a new exe to open this exe file and more: Cause : I set an app to open all .3ds files and then Later I deleted the app.Effect : I can't open apps :"You need a new app to open this .exe file", and I can't run as administrator or reset or reinstall windows!...
  4. Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost: I am at my wits end , for the past 3 or so months I haven't been able to effectively use the internet in any shape or form on my PC . I thought I managed to somehow fix it with a solution found here and not from an "official" answer but the problem . Sometimes I go through a...
  5. rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically: Ever since I built my computer MSI B360M Mortar mobo, I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time 1-3 day intervals. I'm sure I haven't downloaded any malware, and when I go to the file location, it brings me to system32, so it wouldn't be a...
  6. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  7. SVCHOST using 100% DIsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHOST using 100% DIsk: I am running Build 18985. System is running very slow and System task is using 100% Disk. I have researched the issue and found process SVCHOST using the disk. I have done the following: Disabled Microsoft Update Disabled all startup process Stopped all services except...
  8. Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?: I was watching a video of a guy who was testing the WannaCry ransomware and he said that if it was a .exe file, it could become dangerously more harmful, is that true?...
  9. Vcruntime140.dll & more missing from svchost.

Vcruntime140.dll & more missing from svchost.: I am running a Windows 10 laptop made by Lenovo, powered by AMD. The exact model is the LENOVO Ideapad 320. The The laptop has been factory reseted in order to boost performance for such Valve games as Counter Strike: Global Offensive. On some of the other games I play, I use...
  10. svchost

svchost: An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure. My Windows version is 1607...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchost.exe (NetworkService p) USEING A LOT OF MY ITENET