Windows 10: svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage

Discus and support svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so, I'm just using my computer normally, and I noticed that the performance is a bit slower than usual and the temps are up by 65 centigrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by William Evan A. Siena, Jan 10, 2021.

1. svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage

Ok so, I'm just using my computer normally, and I noticed that the performance is a bit slower than usual and the temps are up by 65 centigrade average. This is very high for me because my previous normal was just 53-56 centigrade. I checked Task Manager and noticed svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant is constantly using 12-20 % of CPU, in some cases, even 30. I've looked for a solution online, and all of them did nothing to improve my performance or lower the process's CPU usage. One common is scan for viruses, and I've done already, and no viruses found.

If needed, these are my computer specifications:

Intel Core i5 8250u

1 4gb ddr3 ram stick and 1 16gb ddr3 ram stick

Intel UHD Graphics 620

Nvidia MX150

500gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD Windows Installation

2tb HDD Not sure of brand

Running Windows 10 Insider Build 21286

Any help would be appreciated. =

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

:)

William Evan A. Siena, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Rhaine C. Win User

Cpu usage high until i open task manager

Greetings,

I appreciate your swift response, if the above steps did not work no worries,since this is an open forum we can ask assistance from other community volunteers with their feedback and suggestion with this issue.

For the meantime you can try the steps mentioned in this links below.

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-high-c...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-wsappx-causing-hi...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-service-host-diag...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-high-disk-usage-b...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Jan 10, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    svchost high usage

See link below to figure out which app is hogging your resources.

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Jan 10, 2021
  4. svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage

svchost high usage

The problem still exist after trying every method. When I try to pin point the services none of the services are highlighted under the service section.

I have tried verifying the windows using cmd - windows validation and it shows no violation.

sarthakkhurana, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage

1. svchost.exe Program Compatibility Service Assistant High CPU Usage - Similar Threads - svchost exe Program

2. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  3. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  4. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  5. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  6. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  7. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  8. svchost high usage

svchost high usage: I have a HP-omen 17. Recently I have been observing high cpu usage under the name of one/two unnamed process related to svchost.exe. The problem started recently with sudden high usage of cpu during pc start up. These process have to be terminated each time individually. The...
  9. svchost CPU usage at 55%

svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...
  10. Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost)

Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost): So, basically I upgraded to Windows 10, and it's been a huge nightmare. To start with, I didn't enjoy the experience and tried to downgrade, but I was informed the backup was corrupted (it was using a different file structure or something) and was incompatible. So... no...