Windows 10: svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

Discus and support svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this issue on windows 10 and 11 and can't find a way to stop it. If I stop it end task, the process restarts. I have tried disabling windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Melkior UK, Dec 6, 2022.

1. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

I have had this issue on windows 10 and 11 and can't find a way to stop it. If I stop it end task, the process restarts. I have tried disabling windows update, turning off downloads / uploads from other PCs, bandwidth limiting in delivery optimisation, and nothing seems to stop it. It consumes my max bandwidth so everything else is unusable and runs for hours at a time:I checked for the command line and it seems blank:The Windows 11 install is 1 month old so reasonably clean. Please help it is driving me insane!

:)

Melkior UK, Dec 6, 2022
  2. zinou Win User

svchost Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - CPU (10-15%) usage

Hi,
    Here is my analysis of the trace file;svchost.exe (2992) process is using 12 % of the CPU. The process call stack shows functions calls from BFE.DLL module !

svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection! [​IMG]

BFE stand for Base Filtering Engine Service. it's a service that controls the operation of the Windows Filtering Platform (WFP). WFP is a network traffic processing platform that allows software to “hook” into Windows networking stack and perform such functions as firewall, traffic shaping, filtering, etc.

The svchost is doing this job for another process who called it. for that I'll use the CPU precise graph to see which process redied the most our svchost process. this process is probably at the origine of this CPU activity !

svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection! [​IMG]

You can see that the vsserv.exe process (Bitdefender) makes the svchost process ready to run 2789 times.

To be sure it's Bitdefender the culprit, do the following;
    1. disable the Bitdefender firewall and see if the cpu activity decrease;
    2. If not; disable all bitdefender application and see if it helps;

If you confirme it's Bitdefender, then you can update to a newer version. Otherwise, unistall it and re-install it again ...

Edit: Didn't realize that this post was old *Sad . May be it will help others having the same issue.

zinou, Dec 6, 2022
  3. pm89 Win User
    Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

pm89, Dec 6, 2022
  4. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you
    have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps.

Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

1. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection! - Similar Threads - svchost exe Service

2. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  3. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  4. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!: I have posted this before for windows 10 to no avail and now with my windows 11 PC it is just the same. This thing runs for hours at a time making anything like YouTube unusable for for the duration, it adds latency to any online game and generally means you have to just sit...
  5. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!: I have posted this before for windows 10 to no avail and now with my windows 11 PC it is just the same. This thing runs for hours at a time making anything like YouTube unusable for for the duration, it adds latency to any online game and generally means you have to just sit...
  6. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service using all my net connection!: I have had this issue on windows 10 and 11 and can't find a way to stop it. If I stop it end task, the process restarts. I have tried disabling windows update, turning off downloads / uploads from other PCs, bandwidth limiting in delivery optimisation, and nothing seems to...
  7. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service: Service Host: Network Service was using about 23 MB/s, so i used the delivery optimization and set it to .3 on both sides. The thing im bothered by is that it still bypasses that block randomly and causes inconsistent internet speeds, it manages to jump form 0 MB/s to 16 MB/s...
  8. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service: Service Host: Network Service was using about 23 MB/s, so i used the delivery optimization and set it to .3 on both sides. The thing im bothered by is that it still bypasses that block randomly and causes inconsistent internet speeds, it manages to jump form 0 MB/s to 16 MB/s...
  9. Service host network service using all data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service host network service using all data: I have windows 10 home version 2004 installed on my dell Inspiron 15 5578 and I am facing problem with SERVICE HOST NETWORK SERVICE>DELIVERY OPTIMIZATION... It's using all my internet since last 2 days when I was installing cumulative update for windows 10 version 2004 x64...
  10. svchost Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - CPU (10-15%) usage

in Windows 10 Support
    svchost Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - CPU (10-15%) usage: Hi guys,I just can't figure out why is this module using my CPU continuously (10%-15% usage).I've attached a screenshot and the ETL file for you to analyze this.You can download the ETL file from here. (Google Drive link)My PC specs:OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU: Intel Core i7...