Windows 10: svchost.exe stopped working

Discus and support svchost.exe stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the Reliability Monitor, I'm getting an "svchost.exe not working" notice almost every day (but not every day). This seems to be occurring during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tomel, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Tomel Win User

svchost.exe stopped working

In the Reliability Monitor, I'm getting an "svchost.exe not working" notice almost every day (but not every day). This seems to be occurring during the shutdown process. I have Windows 10 fully updated. I don't see where this error is causing a problem . . . still, I don't like getting error messages and not knowing the reason. Can anybody shed some light on this? I cannot determine what's different on the days the message occurs and when it does not.

:)

Tomel, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Dec 8, 2020
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Dec 8, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. svchost.exe stopped working - Similar Threads - svchost exe stopped

2. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  3. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  4. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  5. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  6. Error .exe stopped working

Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  7. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Helper. exe has stopped working

Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  9. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  10. hl2.exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hl2.exe stopped working: Hello guys when i want to inject the dll to the game. the log popup crash and wont inject. the dll work on 32 bit system but wont work on 64 idk why. here some information: hl2.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎19/‎2020 4:07 AM Status Report sent...