Windows 10: svchost.exe - system error

Discus and support svchost.exe - system error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just recently every time I reboot I get a msg. box that shows "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dlhoyman, Apr 9, 2020.

1. dlhoyman Win User

svchost.exe - system error

Just recently every time I reboot I get a msg. box that shows "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application." Not sure when this actually started and I'm also having my laptop just shut off but not completely shut down - I have to unplug power & tk. out the battery in order to reboot. It seems the 2 problems started occurring at the same time and after a recent a few months ago update to Windows 10 1909 ver 18363.752. Not sure if 1 problems has to do with the other but seems strange both started basically at the same time.

Any help to resolve would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

dlhoyman, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Apr 10, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Apr 10, 2020
  4. svchost.exe - system error

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

svchost.exe - system error

1. svchost.exe - system error - Similar Threads - svchost exe system

2. RtkNGUI64.exe - System error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RtkNGUI64.exe - System error: Hello, I've had this computer for a while now and i never had this issue. Recently however, i keep seeing "The code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" How do i fix this? I am on windows 11....
  3. RtkNGUI64.exe - System error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RtkNGUI64.exe - System error: Hello, I've had this computer for a while now and i never had this issue. Recently however, i keep seeing "The code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" How do i fix this? I am on windows 11....
  4. 3 Errors on svchost on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Errors on svchost on startup: they're all the exact same process i have windows 10 not 7windows 10 1903 [i will not update] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-errors-on-svchost-on-startup/0eea87b8-6afd-4827-90a4-13e7d2ce0566
  5. 3 Errors on svchost on startup

3 Errors on svchost on startup: they're all the exact same process i have windows 10 not 7windows 10 1903 [i will not update] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-errors-on-svchost-on-startup/0eea87b8-6afd-4827-90a4-13e7d2ce0566
  6. 3 Errors on svchost on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. svchost system error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost system error: hi everyone i have been facing this strange issue while opening few apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchost-system-error/966ca1ba-3195-4fae-80f7-f72317ecd548
  8. svchost system error

svchost system error: hi everyone i have been facing this strange issue while opening few apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchost-system-error/966ca1ba-3195-4fae-80f7-f72317ecd548
  9. rundll32.exe - System Error

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe - System Error: Im Getting "a new guard page for the stack cannot be created" Error While Zooming a JPEG in Windows Photo Viewer. Sometimes When Pressing Arrow Keys To View Next Photos. But Its Only Happening If There are RAW Files With Same Name. And Error Shows Faster When Adobe Photoshop...
  10. Error with svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error with svchost: I have been recieveing messages for the past two or three days now. When I go full screen, this message randomly pops up. "svchost.exe - application error The instruction at 0x00007FF8A305C686 referenced memory at 0x00007FF8C82D1A78. The memory could not be read. Click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchost.exe system error

2. the system detected an overrun stack svchost

3. svchost.exe - system error

4. svchost.exe - System Error stack-based buffer,
  5. svchost.exe system error when shutdown,
  6. svchost.exe - System Error The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in X this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. OK se and in-depth Graphs Analysis also in the