Windows 10: svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode

Discus and support svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have noticed that svchost.exe is constantly using around 10% CPU, 8.8MB/s Disk and 60MB Memory and the memory usage is possibly slowly rising. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WellDone720, Apr 22, 2020.

1. svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode

I have noticed that svchost.exe is constantly using around 10% CPU, 8.8MB/s Disk and 60MB Memory and the memory usage is possibly slowly rising. I know that svchost.exe shouldn't be something to worry about but I am sure it shouldn't be using this amount of resources all the time.

I have checked where the disk usage is happening and it leads to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\4a3b4560b8cf8a2b\ActivitiesCache.db-wal. It is writing the 8,8MB/s there.

I couldn't find any discussion on this exact topic yet so any help is welcome.

:)

WellDone720, Apr 22, 2020

2. System Idle Process using 100% Disk Capacity (not CPU)

Good morning,

I recently noticed the Disk Activity light on my Laptop was constantly flashing; engaging the Task Manager shows that Service Host: Unistack Service Group (4) [svchost] > System Idle Process is constantly using 100% Disk capacity.

I have to manually End Task for svchost in order to get the Laptop to return to normal service; it re-engages around 2 or 3 times times more in quick succession before the End Task action finally results in everything settling down.

I do note the vast majority of other people report the svchost application taking up 100% CPU time, I would like to confirm that the svchost application does 'not' utilise any CPU usage, only Disk usage.

I would be very grateful if anyone would render assistance in order to resolve.

Many thanks,

Richard Peter Lyons, May 23, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Svchost virus?

Did your antivirus provider identify the malware? If so, did you seek their advice?

You may want to send a copy of the file to VirusTotal for analysis. VirusTotal

Recommend you scan with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (a free program): How to find and clean malware infections with Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog If
    necessary boot into Safe Mode/Safe Mode with Networking to download and run the scanner or use another computer, put the EEK file on a flash drive and insert the flash drive in the infected computer...you can run the scanner from the flash drive. Other scanners
    (some of which may be run in Safe Mode or from a flash drive) that may help with this issue are listed in List
    of Malware Removal Tools

OR

IF this is what you are seeing, suggest you follow ALL of the steps (until the issue is resolved) in
    this free removal guide How To Remove SvcHost.exe Malware (Virus Removal Guide)

But if you have this malware issue sometimes it will be necessary to reset your computer or do a clean install of the OS.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Clean Install Windows 10

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, May 23, 2020
  4. svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode

Poor Performance from Windows 10 - High CPU usage from SVCHOST

Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my Dell Precision. Upgraded from W7 to W10 and I have an svchost using 10% cpu constantly.
    I've done a screenshot from Process Explorer
    Thanks

svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode [​IMG]

Phil Rhoney, May 23, 2020
Thema:

svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode

1. svchost.exe using constantly over 10% CPU and 8.8MB/s in idle mode - Similar Threads - svchost exe using

2. Over 20GB of RAM used in idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Over 20GB of RAM used in idle: I am experiencing very high ram usage after a longer while of using PC. I suppose it's a memory leak, but I have no idea how to find the cause of that problem. Specs are ryzen 7 7800x3d, rx 7900xtx, win11, 32GB ddr5 memory. I've installed both RamMap and Poolmon, but I am not...
  3. Over 20GB of RAM used in idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Over 20GB of RAM used in idle: I am experiencing very high ram usage after a longer while of using PC. I suppose it's a memory leak, but I have no idea how to find the cause of that problem. Specs are ryzen 7 7800x3d, rx 7900xtx, win11, 32GB ddr5 memory. I've installed both RamMap and Poolmon, but I am not...
  4. explorer.exe constantly uses CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer.exe constantly uses CPU: explorer.exe constantly uses CPU, once restarted explorer it recover for a while but after few time it happens again.process explorer thread: shcore.dll!ordinal172+0x100 eats CPU constantly and the I/O other is unusualchkdsk performed but nothing changedsorry for bad english,...
  5. explorer.exe constantly uses CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe constantly uses CPU: explorer.exe constantly uses CPU, once restarted explorer it recover for a while but after few time it happens again.process explorer thread: shcore.dll!ordinal172+0x100 eats CPU constantly and the I/O other is unusualchkdsk performed but nothing changedsorry for bad english,...
  6. Idle ram usage over 8 GB??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idle ram usage over 8 GB??: My few months old HP omen 15 2020 with 16gb ram, i7 10750H and 2060 geforce rtx scared me a lot this morning. The keyboard felt little laggy like it was using lot of ram so I opened the omen center and found out that the laptop is using 8,16 gb ram with no programs open??...
  7. svchost is constantly using Mic and causing echoes

in Windows 10 Customization
    svchost is constantly using Mic and causing echoes: This has been going on for a couple of days. Svchost.exe is using mic constantly even while other applications are also using the Mic such as Discord. And the output is coming through the laptops inbuilt speakers I cannot change it. I'm on 19041.84...
  8. SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!: For at least a month now SVCHost.exe -k unistacksvcgroup -s CDPUserSvc has been loading with every new boot or restart and using a huge 1/4 of my quad core CPU!! I can only end it by using the kill function in Process Explorer every time - please see screenshots below...
  9. Avast Using 100% CPU at Idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast Using 100% CPU at Idle: Yesterday, I decided to install Avast on my computer. I turned it on this this morning and, noticed my Core i5 5200U CPU was unusable (On YouTube videos would randomly freeze and over 3/4 of the frames were being dropped). I opened task manager and saw that my CPU was pinned...
  10. svchost CPU usage at 55%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    svchost CPU usage at 55%: not sure since when and how ( must have been recently ), but my windows 10 got probably infected, whenever i start pc, my cpu usage jumps to 55% ±. After I open task manager, i can see this ( attachment ) : the PID of "faulty" service is always different and if I stop the...