Windows 10: Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) what does it do? Do it upload my data?

Discus and support Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) what does it do? Do it upload my data? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all When I Copied / Ctrl. C a PNG file (file A) in Windows Explorer, I noted that Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) began upload activity after 10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EmilDK, Jun 29, 2021.

1. EmilDK Win User

Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) what does it do? Do it upload my data?

Dear all When I Copied / Ctrl. C a PNG file (file A) in Windows Explorer, I noted that Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) began upload activity after 10 seconds (Resource Monitor). I tried Ctrl. C the file again, and again after 10 seconds Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) began upload activity. I tried Ctrl. C the file 8 more times, and none of the 8 times Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) began upload. I tried reading and understanding what Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) does: The purpose of the Utcsvc.exe file is to collect data telemetry according to the selected telemetry level for the particular version of Windows 1. Has any of the PNG file data (file A) been uploaded? 2. Why did Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) begin upload when I Ctrl. C / copied the file? Thanks for replying Best regards

:)

EmilDK, Jun 29, 2021

2. On startup, svchost (NetworkService -P) downloads @ 37mb data?

Hello, asking for a little help trying to figure out what and why svchost (networkservice -p) downloads @ 37mb when I turn on my wifi card. I have cortana disabled (took control and changed cortana exe file name). 10 Pro OS, what other win program queries net?

mega10user, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Wile E Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) what does it do? Do it upload my data?

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) what does it do? Do it upload my data?

1. Svchost.exe(utcsvc -p) what does it do? Do it upload my data? - Similar Threads - Svchost exe utcsvc

2. What is "svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p", in Task Manager/System Explorer Command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p", in Task Manager/System Explorer Command line: In System Explorer it shows C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p in the command line and I would like to know what the "-k utcsvc -p" stands for or means, what is it doing. In Google nothing comes up for the -k or the -p....
  3. What is "svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p", in Task Manager/System Explorer Command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p", in Task Manager/System Explorer Command line: In System Explorer it shows C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p in the command line and I would like to know what the "-k utcsvc -p" stands for or means, what is it doing. In Google nothing comes up for the -k or the -p....
  4. What is "svchost.exe -k utcsvc -p", in Task Manager/System Explorer Command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Svchost.exeutcsvc -p what does it do? Do it upload my data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Svchost.exeutcsvc -p what does it do? Do it upload my data?: Dear allWhen I Copied / Ctrl. C a PNG file file A in Windows Explorer, I noted that Svchost.exeutcsvc -p began upload activity after 10 seconds Resource Monitor. I tried Ctrl. C the file again, and again after 10 seconds Svchost.exeutcsvc -p began upload activity. I tried...
  6. what is this? and what does it do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? and what does it do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k13h0c/what_is_this_and_what_does_it_do/
  7. What does the "-p" flag indicate in Svchost processes? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does the "-p" flag indicate in Svchost processes? Windows 10: Does anyone know what the "-p" flag indicates in Svchost processes? See screen capture below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-p-flag-indicate-in-svchost-processes/c94febca-a507-4807-9cbc-b11f1e4e91fc
  8. What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?: When I check RtkAudioService64.exe to be run whenever user login, I would like to know on what RtkAudioService64.exe is doing. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I need it or not? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. On startup, svchost (NetworkService -P) downloads @ 37mb data?

in Windows 10 Support
    On startup, svchost (NetworkService -P) downloads @ 37mb data?: . Hello, asking for a little help trying to figure out what and why svchost (networkservice -p) downloads @ 37mb when I turn on my wifi card. I have cortana disabled (took control and changed cortana exe file name). 10 Pro OS, what other win program queries net? . 141188
  10. What does DTUHandler.exe do?[Consuming all my data]

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does DTUHandler.exe do?[Consuming all my data]: What is the work of DTUHander.exe . It is consuming all my internet data. How can I stop this app to run automatically? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-dtuhandlerexe-doconsuming-all-my-data/6ee585eb-2a00-4de8-895b-2a667fc440e0"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com