Windows 10: Svchost is taking port 80 on boot

Discus and support Svchost is taking port 80 on boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to find out the cause of svchost taking port 80. I dont recall installing or modifying anything, but suddenly i cant use port 80, and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muhammad JayaSiraj, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Svchost is taking port 80 on boot

I'm trying to find out the cause of svchost taking port 80. I dont recall installing or modifying anything, but suddenly i cant use port 80, and after i checked on resource monitor the process is caused by svchost heres the screenshotThe process that runs on port 80 and 443 runs from the same executable, after i killed using the pid both of the port is freed.Is there anyway i can trace the cause of this ? or anyway i cant prevent svchost from taking both of that port ?

:)

Muhammad JayaSiraj, Dec 9, 2021

2. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Dec 9, 2021
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Svchost is taking port 80 on boot

System process blocks Port 80

You clearly don't understand the problem here. But I was able to solve it by doing the following:

• Activate IIS
    • In Services disable the IIS service
    • Reboot
    • Port 80 is no longer blocked by the System process

GregorWaldvogel, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Svchost is taking port 80 on boot

1. Svchost is taking port 80 on boot - Similar Threads - Svchost taking port

2. Svchost is taking port 80 on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost is taking port 80 on boot: I'm trying to find out the cause of svchost taking port 80. I dont recall installing or modifying anything, but suddenly i cant use port 80, and after i checked on resource monitor the process is caused by svchost heres the screenshotThe process that runs on port 80 and 443...
  3. Svchost is taking port 80 on boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Svchost is taking port 80 on boot: I'm trying to find out the cause of svchost taking port 80. I dont recall installing or modifying anything, but suddenly i cant use port 80, and after i checked on resource monitor the process is caused by svchost heres the screenshotThe process that runs on port 80 and 443...
  4. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram: i fixed a net 3.5 downloading error and once it was done, now lsass kicked into overdrive, i had a virus in the past but i believe it was removed, is there a fix for it?...
  5. Port 80 and Port 443 non existent

Port 80 and Port 443 non existent: I am trying to use apache for a web development class and we are required to use xmapp to do so, Apache runs on port 80 and I believe SQL runs on port 443 but when i check netstat these ports are not even listed. Nothing I can tell is assigned to these ports either I do not...
  6. Port 80/443 not responding

Port 80/443 not responding: La instalarea unui program apare eroarea „Port 80 is not responding” și „Port 443 is not responding”. Am încercat deblocarea prin Windows Firewall > New Inbound Rule/New Outbound Rule dar nu a funcționat. Apar aceleași erori. Îmi puteți recomanda o soluție?...
  7. Win 10 Blocking port 80

Win 10 Blocking port 80: One of my Win 10 laptops has suddenly stopped web pages from being viewed. Have scanned the network and even local http servers are not showing http availability. The troubleshooter says it is unable to connect to the router despite it pinging ok on 192.168.1.1 Cannot open...
  8. 80 port was used by HTTP.sys

in Windows 10 Customization
    80 port was used by HTTP.sys: I want to use IIS and nginx at the same time. But I found that http service is using 80 port, and it's PID is 4, so I cannot kill it. With disabled http service, IIS cannot start anyway. HOW can I both using IIS in 8080 port and nginx in 80 port?...
  9. svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost: An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure. My Windows version is 1607...
  10. TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?: Under resource monitor > TCP connections, I've noticed quite a bit of activity on remote ports 80 and 443. I decided to track several of these IP addresses and whilst some are expected (Microsoft, Amazon (Firefox)), there were a few which went to other mainly web hosting...